Thursday 23 September 2010

Nature's Paintbrush

Good morning dear reader, I hope you have a great weekend planned and that this week has been a good one for you.

This week's challenge over on the Craft Mad and Loving it group on Craftbubble, we are asked to use only words on our projects, no images.

I decided to use autumnal shades on this challenge card for two reasons.  Firstly, because the recent chilly mornings have definitely made me feel that Autumn is here and secondly, my very first Stamping Up! order arrived including this really lush ribbon and I just couldn't wait to use some of it! 

The background paper is a magazine freebie, the words stamp is by Funstamps which I picked up from a bargain bucket at my local craft shop - The Art Centre in Kelly Bray - for a couple of pounds.  I cut the swirly leaves using a Marianne Designs die and the rust colour card under the sentiment layer was cut using a deckle edge rectangle nestabilities die and the gems and length of mesh were in my stash.

It's good to stretch yourself and do something a little different for a change and this was a great challenge for doing this.

Til next time - Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card wybbeth I love the vintage colors
hugs lia

Kathyk said...

And such a fabbylicious card it turned out to be too. I love the sentiment and the ribbon and those little leaves too - gr8!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

I really love this. Its understated elegance at its best. Beautiful and that ribbon is to die for. Lx

Unknown said...

It's super - I've got that stamp too it's great for arty cards. So glad you are making good use of that lovely ribbon - isn't it gorgeous - so soft and easy to work with too!

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !! Your card is so elegant and beautiful I love the ribbon !! I always love the way you put your cards and projects together !!!

Annie said...

beautifully elegant Wynneth! love those swirly leaves and the touch of bling!
hugs, annie x