Thursday 13 January 2011

Get Well Soon

A couple of our male friends have recently gone into hospital so I've been busy making Get Well Cards to send to them.  I hope this sweet Kan Ban image isn't too cutsie to send to a man, but then I don't think floral images are right either, so I decided to go with this poorly teddy stamp.

Over on Craftbubble the Craft Mad and Loving It Group sunday themed challenge this week is to use brown and blue on our projects so I'm entering this card for the challenge.

I coloured the image with Copics and Promarkers and sponged Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink around the edges after cutting it out with a square nestie.  I matted the image layer over some Early Espresso card from Stamping Up!.  The blue background paper was in my stash and I used a Martha Stewart border punch to create a strip from some Close to Cocoa cardstock also by SU!.  I added a length of blue spotty ribbon to the punched strip, finishing it with a bow made from the same ribbon.

Just a simple layout for my card today, but I think that makes a nice change and it doesn't feel right to add flowers and pretty embellies on a card for a man somehow.

Thanks for dropping by today, I do appreciate your support.

6 comments:

Lia said...

beautiful card wynneth I love the stamnp and great coloring
hugs Lia

Annie said...

well I love your poor sick teddy card Wyenneth! I do hope the poor sick man likes him too and feels better soon.
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

i think it looks fab! you will have to show us how you get those lovely ribbons so neat! x

Kathyk said...

I think it will strike just the right note and its a lovely card too Wynneth

Kathyk

Cherry said...

Wynneth this is lovely - just right for male patients. Love your colouring and punching. Hugs Cherry XXX

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Wynneth :) Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I managed to find yours and its fab! Gorgeous and inspirational designs, and this card is a real cutie. :)

Now I dont think there is anything wrong with teddybears for a man, and especially if its a get well card - we all know what babies they can be when they are poorly! ;) lol

Gorgeous bold blues, and I really love the super-cute image.

hugs

xxalisonxx