Tuesday 15 March 2011

Just Killing Time

Whooo..hoooo... if you're a Queen Kat Blog  Hopper - welcome !  If you're not a QKD hopper - welcome too !!!

If you're a hopper you should have arrived here via the link from the Dark Ink Sorority Blog, if not and you'd like to see all the fabulous creations from the DT then swing right back to the QKD Blog where you'll find the whole hop list.

I'm just so excited that we have some fabulous new stamps released today by one of our new designers - Myka Jelina.  My card today features the awesome 'Killing Time' stamp and I was drawn to these rich purple and green shades for papers and colouring. 

This is a twisted easel card - much easier to make than it might appear!  KT is colouring with Copics and I've added some leafy fronds and a decorative corner cut with Marianne's Designs dies from SU! cardstock in Concorde Crush and Almost Amethyst.  I used three flower gems as the 'stop' for the easel and the background papers are by Papermania.

I've recently purchased PaintShop Pro and I'm still finding out what fabulous things you can do with this software.  After a little experimentation, I discovered that I really like how this image looks in Sepia tones, what do you think?  Do you prefer the original colours or the atmospheric effects of the the alternative version - let me know what you think by leaving me a comment. 

Now I'm sending you off to see what awesomeness Valerie has created for you.  If you'd like to get KT for yourself, just hop to the QKD Store and pop her into your cart and Queen Kat will get it shipped out to you.  You might also like to check out the latest special offers whilst you're there !

10 comments:

Boni said...

I love them both,but the steampunk effect of the sepia is wonderful thanks so much for hopping over and letting me know the name of the embossing folder...Your cards are amazing :)<3

Kathyk said...

Both fabulous - I might be a bit piscean as I cannot decide which I like best, sorry!!!

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Love it, love it!

Unknown said...

Meant to say I think they both look great but the coloured one is my favourite.

Debs M said...

the stamp is gorgeous and your card is amazing, 51% for the coloured card x

Scrappers' Ranch said...

Love your card,this stamp is really cool. I just saw your comment on DIS, my past is for my normal Wednesday posting, I know today is Myka Jelina release day, (LOVE HER DESIGNS) but I dont think I am part of that, the calendar just has me for my normal DIS posting.Let me shoot Vicki a note and see what I need to do.
HUGS
Bonnie
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com

Annie said...

another fabulous creation Wynneth, and a twisted one too! I'm still not 100% but will try phoning you this evening to catch up.
hugs, annie x

KC said...

I know I have said it before but I think this is my new favorite image! you have just done such a wonderful job...you really brought her to life!

Boni said...

I was at Kats last night,bought this stamp and more. You are so inspiring ,I learn alot here .Thanks

Valerie said...

WOW! you are so talented great cards!