Monday 14 March 2011

Time for Aries

Miss Aries has come out to play again today, this time I've coloured her in shades of browns and golds with my Copics.

For the background I embossed a piece of Close to Cocoa SU! cardstock and then dragged a Rich Cocoa Memento ink pad to highlight the raised embossed areas.

The ribbon is also from SU! and I created the base card using a grand nestie scalloped square die in my Grand Calibur diecut machine.

A simple layout with rich colours was what I planned for this project and I think I achieved my goal - what do you think?

Thanks for dropping by to see my project today, Aries is available in the QKD Store, just pop over and drop her into your cart and she'll be on her way to you before you know it !

6 comments:

xxxtglxxx said...

Wow Wynneth :) This is a cracker of a card! Gorgeous rich colours and a lush bow!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kathyk said...

Thta embossing folder worked out perfectly with this card and colour combo, love the SU ribbon - combining to make one fab card

Kathyk

Debs M said...

gorgeous image and colours and lovely bow x

Annie said...

very rich and opulent Wynneth! and love the embossed layer. I will try ringing you .. .. I have your magazines plus a couple new ones to bring around.
hugs, annie x

Boni said...

this is wonderful ....who makes the gear (steampunk ) embosser ?

Cherry said...

Wynneth this is one seriously super card - love the Aries stamp (obviously being one of your Arien friends!). That cocoa colour combo is wonderful and that ribbon divine. Hugs cherry XXX