Friday 16 November 2012

One Layer Houses ?






Happy Friday !  I'm soooo... late posting on here today, but I have a good excuse - a visit to Cowslip Workshops' Christmas Fayre.  It was mega busy but there was so much yummy fabulous stuff there it was well worth standing for half an hour to just get a coffee !!  I'll share a couple of piccies I took later.

My card today is a very late entry to this week's Less is More challenge which has the theme of 'Houses' and a one layer card.  I've just scraped in 'under the wire' with my entry but this has been such a busy week I only got around to making my card today before I left for Cowslip this morning.  The deadline to enter the challenge is 22:00 hours today, so I think I'm OK !


I picked up this fabulous stamp by Northwoods Stamps whilst in Florida recently and when I saw this week's theme it came immediately to mind for the challenge, plus it's one more Christmas card to add to my stock.

You don't get much more CAS than this design - image stamped using Memento Black Ink  at bottom left.  I wanted to make the design 'pop' so coloured just one bird on the image and as it is a Cardinal, I coloured it red using my Copics.  The sentiment is from a set of magazine freebie stamps from Molly Bloom, stamped in SU! Cherry Cobbler ink.  I added Stardust Stickles sprinkled with Glamour Dust on the roof of each birdhouse and under the sentiment to make it nice and sparkly - just like fresh fallen snow on a freezing cold but bright and sunny winter's morning.






Here's a close up shot to show the Cardinal detail and the sparkle of the 'snow'.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my project, I do love to read all the comments left by lovely bloggers.

Enjoy however much of your Friday is left ! 



8 comments:

Debs M said...

fabulous stamp, great idea to just colour one bird - looks great! x

Chrissie said...

What a great image Wynneth, I love the highlighted cardinal.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Maja said...

Love these birdhouses.

Unknown said...

I love, love this image and you've turned it into a wonderful Christmas card.

I wonder what you might have acquired while you were down at the Cowslip fayre?

Kathyk said...

And what a super card you turned it in to - love the sparkle and splash of colour

Glad you had a good day too

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a beautiful card Wynneth. No wonder you couldn't resist that stamp. It's adorable. I love the way you've picked out the red of the Cardinal. Lx

Annie said...

Fabulous card Wynneth, love how you just picked out the one red bird. hugs, annie x

Sheila Thompson said...

I love the bird houses! I always want to go soo over the top with coloring! I love your minimalist take on this and I'm going to try it myself soon!Thanks for the inspiration! Sheila