Wednesday 7 November 2012

Thinking of CAS

Second Post Today, please scroll down to see the earlier one if you haven't visited already today.
 
 
My pal Kathy has been posting pix of her entries for the CASology challenges recently and, as I enjoy the Less is More challenge, I thought it was about time I had a go at the CASology one too.  This week the theme for challenge #18 is 'Orange' and there are some fabby examples by the DT on the blog.

If I was at home with my own stash, there are lots of designs I might have tried, however, as I'm at my Dad's the stash I had available is very limited.  However, Dad does have two or three shades of orange ink pads and I found the fabulous set of Morphing Birds stamps by Inkadinkado in his craftroom.

I stamped the image first with the mid-orange ink, then over stamped with the lightest - slightly offset - finally a last overstamp using the darkest orange/light brown ink.  After the first two impressions I was about to throw the whole lot into the bin as it just looked as if it was out of focus (and made my eyes go 'funny').  However, I persevered and did the final overstamp with the darkest shade and it all came together. It does look a little more brown than orange in the pic but it is definitely orange IRL.

I found the little sentiment stamp in Dad's stash - not sure who the manufacturer is sorry - and stamped it in the darkest shade of ink.  Finally adding a little Platinum Stickles to the dotty body of the bird as a finishing touch.

Not exactly the project I would have liked to enter, but the best I could do with limited stash.  I'll try harder next week !

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

What a stunning image - I love the sparkle and the shadow stamping - it gives it real depth! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Wynneth!

Annie said...

what a beautiful stamp! it really doesn't need any embellishing so is perfect for a CAS style creation.
hugs, annie x

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card... the image is so pretty! so glad you decided to play along with CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

A very unique image, lovely. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, just beautiful.

Jean said...

A very beautiful image ~ lovely card.

Melissa said...

What a beautiful bird image! I love the way it seems to flow across the card! The sparkle is a very nice touch! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

p.s. How awesome is that to have a dad who has those things in his stash?! :)

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I'm impressed, not only by your stunning card but by your Dads stash and craft room - lucky him! I guess your creativity is in the blood, what a great trait to pass on.
Katie x