Monday 5 November 2012

Pink Christmas ? Why Not !



Happy Monday everyone, it's a beautiful sunny day here, hope it's nice where you are too.

Today I have a Christmas card to share with you which I created as my entry for this week's Simply Less is More Challenge.  My card may not be considered CAS enough for the challenge, but as I'm away from my own stash my choice of materials is limited to my Dad's stash.  I don't yet have enough Christmas cards made for this year, so thought I'd use this cute Snowie stamp.

I stamped the image and cut out using a set of Sizzix Framelets dies from Stampin Up! which I recently bought.  The image was coloured with Promarkers and I found a tiny snowflake stamp in Dad's stash and stamped this in pale pink ink around the edges of the image layer.

The Snowie stamp is from a set by Artemio and the sentiment is from the same set, both words are in a line so I carefully inked the words individually and stamped them one under the other with darker pink ink.

The image layer was attached over a slightly larger mat cut from some pretty christmasy pink magazine freebie paper using another of the Framelets dies.  I finished off the design with a strip of the same paper cut using a Martha Stewart border punch and added lots of Stickles for sparkle.  I attached the 'waste' snowflakes from the punched border randomly on the image layer and added a touch of Stickles on each one.   Here's a close up shot where you can see the sparkle more clearly


For some reason the pretty pink is looking more like mauve in the pix, it's much less so IRL.  The base card is actually white but looks pink in the pic !

I'm also entering my card for the 'Stamp On It' challenge at Paper Issues Blog.  There are two prizes up for grabs, both by Hero Arts - wish me luck !

Thanks for calling in today to check out my project, hope you've enjoyed your visit.

8 comments:

Kathyk said...

Ooh - how cute is this - and your image is adorable matey. Well done with such limited stash too.

Hope you are feeling better today too

Happy Monday to you and your dad

Kathyk

Digi Darla said...

Fab Christmas card ever!


Hugs
Digidarla (xxKimxx)

Digi Darla said...

Fab Christmas card ever!


Hugs
Digidarla (xxKimxx)

Annie said...

oo I do like that snowman hugging his mug of something warming .. .. mmmm! a fabby pink festive card Wynneth, and glad you got safely to your Dad's - hope he is well.
hugs, annie x

Leah's Crafty Life said...

oh, he looks so sweet! I love how you colored him up and the card design is wonderful too! Thanks for linking up with us at Paper Issues!!

Debs M said...

love that stamp, great sparkly card! x

Chrissie said...

You know I like loads of white (or pink) space Wynneth, but to craft away from home is tremendous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

~amy~ said...

I adore PINK Christmas cards!!! thanks for playing with us at Paper Issues!