Sunday 10 February 2013

Fairies, Balloons and playing with Inks

This week I've been playing with inks and some stamps that haven't seen the light of day for far too long.   

After using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink on my Splodge Mat for the card I shared with you last, I spritzed a little water onto the mat over the residue of the ink rather than just wiping it off.  I then pressed a sheet of white cardstock onto the mat to pick up the ink, turning it round a couple of times until there was some colour over the whole sheet.  This background was my starting point for the following 6 x 4 inch panel.


I used Picked Raspberry and Seedless Preserves DI to distress round the edges and through a flower shaped mask at the bottom to create random shapes.  I haven't inked my Lavinia stamps for quite a while so it was about time they came out to play !  Using grey ink and the 'Icicles' stamp it created a very subtle effect at the top of the page.  I then stamped the beautiful 'Harietta Silhouette' on the left using Versafine black ink and on the righthand side I stamped the 'Chinese Lantern' stamp. 

To build up the scene I then stamped the 'Large Path' stamp in the middle and used the 'Slender Mushrooms' stamp along the bottom.  I then randomly stamped the 'Stars' image all over the sky area to complete the scene.  Touches of Stardust Stickles on the Chinese Lanterns, on Harietta's wings and dragged across the path finished the design.


My next project is an ATC using another piece of the background sheet I created and the same DI colours and mask.  After stamping the Lavinia 'Stars' all over the background I then used the larger hanging stars stamp which was a freebie with Craft Stamper Magazine recently.  The balloon image is a stamp from Hampton Arts and the sentiment from a set of stamps from The Artistic Stamper.  I added Glossy Accents on the large stars to give them some dimension.

That's it from me for today, I really enjoyed playing and getting inky fingers, it was great fun to not start out with a project in mind but just experiment and see what turned out.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today.  I've been doing some more sewing and I'll share pics of my projects in the next few days. 

3 comments:

Debs M said...

wow great colours - fabulous x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards and great use of the ink still left on the mat. Those stamps are fabulous too.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I love this technique and am always in awe when I see it. Kathy does it so well aswell, you are clever gals. I've not really experimented too much with inks in that way so always love to loose myself in the picture when others do.
Stunning.
Katie x