Thursday 21 February 2013

Simplify

This week's challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog has the theme 'Simplify' and our prize sponsor this week is Whimsy Stamps.

Now regular visitors to my blog will know how much I love the CAS (clean and simple) style of design and to me this week's theme 'screamed' CAS so that's what I have gone with for my DT card.


I've used a lovely 6x6 scalloped square base card, Distress Inks in Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves and the fabulous blueprint dragonfly stamp from a set by Stampers Anonymous.

I stamped the dragonfly image onto a piece of white cardstock using Memento black ink, then used the DI's to colour the white background applying them with Inkyliscious brushes on a blending mat.  I then attached this image layer to a slightly larger piece of holographic metallic cardstock. 

The sentiment is from a set by Recollections which I stamped directly onto the basecard using Memento Bahama Blue ink.  I added three gems from my stash and painted a thin film of Stardust Stickles on the dragonfly wings to give them a subtle shimmer.

Here's a close up shot where you can see the shimmer more clearly

 

Do check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the DT over on the CCT blog, you're sure to be inspired.

Thanks for dropping by today, hope you enjoyed your visit.


Comments are very much appreciated, leave me a few words if you can spare the time !

8 comments:

Debs M said...

gorgeous card - the stickles look great! x

Karen K said...

Beautiful Wynneth, what a gorgeous piece of work.

K xx

Unknown said...

Lovely, lovely and a nice bit of sparkle too.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Just gorgeous Wynneth, I love these types of stamps.
Have a great time at Craftathon.

Katie x

Kathyk said...

Super card and fabbbbbbbb images.

Love yourn new watermark too

See you tomorrow at CRAFTATHON 2013

Kathyk

Jay said...

a very special card as they all are made by you

have a good time this weekend

debby4000 said...

Absolutely beautiful.
luv
Debby

Deb said...

this is totally stunning Wynneth, love it!
Have a great weekend, Debxx