Thursday 7 February 2013

Love Struck

HUGE apologies everyone, got my am's and pm's mixed up - this post should have gone live at 9 this morning and not 9 this evening !  Oopsie !

Happy thursday Bloggers, hope you're having a great day.  Time for a new challenge over on the Cute Card Thursday Blog.  Our theme this week is 'Love Struck' and our prize sponsor is Bunny Zoe Crafts.


 

I'm really loving the vibrant colour combo of turquoise and pink right now, so when I discovered this week's challenge theme my first instinct was to reach for these yummy romantic colours.  Regular visitors to my Blog will also be aware that I'm very 'into' fabrics too, and for my DT card I decided to include some in the design.

Using the Sizzix bird die and three different fabrics I cut out the bird, branch and flower.  The fancy heart was cut using a Marianne's Craftables die and I stamped randomly all over the diecut using the Love and definition from a set of stamps by Kaisercraft.

I used the same pink cardstock to add a base layer over which I added a slightly smaller layer of turquoise on which I'd stamped a random speckle design using a stamp from The Artistic Stamper and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. 

The patterned paper is by SU! and using a set of Spellbinders dies I cut out the lacy aperture top left and the lacy embellishment on bottom right.  I distressed the edges of the paper layer and the diecut heart using the DI.   With a set of Memory Box alphabet dies I diecut the letters to spell the word LOVE. 

I used Promarkers around the edges of all the fabric diecuts to soften the edges a little and finally added the tiny pink heart shaped gems and a round gem for the the bird's eye.

Do pop over to the CCT blog to check out the creations from the other DT members.

Nice to have you visit here today, thanks so much for taking the time.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing - I too love the pink/turquoise combo. You? Love fabrics? Hadn't noticed!!! Can't wait to see your next makes

Nice chatting with you earlier matey.

Kathyk

Lilian said...

Love the card Wynneth. The colours are so lovely. Hugs
lilian

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

WOW! Love how you incorporated fabrics into your design and these colours are a picture together.
I do not own a single SU product, crazy I know!
Another stunner Wynneth.
Katie x