Friday 21 May 2010

Do You Believe in Fairies?

Good morning, hope your day is a good one!  I created this little card as an entry for a Let's Get Stamping challenge over Craftbubble recently. 

I've been trying out some new techniques to create backgrounds lately and for this card I used TH Distress Inks and a fine water spray on a non-stick craft mat to colour the base card for stamping on.  The images are from a sheet of vintage style stamps from Oxford Impressions and the collage background stamp is from Illusive Images.  I used my Martha Stewart filigree heart punch on a scrap of the DI coloured card and added flowers, punched with two sizes of MS flower punches. over the hearts.  The sentiment is also from the sheet of Oxford Impressions vintage images.  I used ProMarkers to colour the flowers and also around the end of the scalloped base card to tie the whole colour scheme together. 

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today, it was a pleasure to share today's card with you.
hugs
wynneth
x

1 comment:

Annie said...

beautifully artistic Wynneth! I will be trying out backgrounds for an upcoming DT card, so thanks for the tips! I forgot I have Drs at 2pm Monday so wont be around until after that.
enjoy the weekend.
hugs, annie x