Tuesday 11 May 2010

Soleil - You Light Up My Life!

Hi there and welcome to today's project which features another of the new stamps released by Queen Kat Designs this month.  She is called 'Soleil' and is a real Sunny Stunner!!!

Every wednesday I showcase one of my creations in my WIS Spotlight feature on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog for QKD.  I like to share my project here on my own blog too for my regular visitors.

This wednesday's card was created using the newly released 'Soleil' Mermaid - she is the other new WIS girl for May and isn't she lovely! (I used the first new girl - 'Amour' - for my project last week)

With a name like Soleil, I just knew she had to be coloured in shades of yellow and gold and with a bright and vibrant background.  I decided to create an easel card on which to display her - I love easel cards !

She's coloured with Copics and ProMarkers and I cut her out and attached her over a yellow layer cut with an inverted scallop circle nestabilities die - I wanted to simulate the Sun behind Soleil.  I used a scallop circle nestie die to cut out a layer from gold mirror card to attach under the yellow layer.

The flowers were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and I added gold half beads in the centres of each flower.

I created the sentiment on my computer and printed it in orange ink.  Finally I cut the sentiment out using a nestie die and attached to the base of the easel with foam pads so that it acts as the 'stop', leaving space where a personal greeting can be written.

Thanks for dropping by today, let me know what you think about these new QKD stamps and/or my project, I love reading comments left on here for me!  If you'd like to own this new stamp, she's available in the QKD Store right now.  I hope you'll come back next wednesday, when I'll have another WIS project to share with you.
hugs
wynneth
x

7 comments:

Kathyk said...

Such a pretty card and super colours and those easel cards always look so special too.
Kathyk

Georgie Hughes said...

Beautiful card Wynneth,gorgeous colours and you have certainly captured the image of the sun with the circular nesties, brilliant.
GeorgieX

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful. I love the colours!
Clairex

Annie said...

another beautiful mermaid Wynneth, and loving those warm colours . .. please bring some warm sunshine home with you, it's freezing here!
hugs, annie x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is beautiful Wynneth, your flowers are gorgeous xx

Sharon Noble said...

Hi wynneth, I don't think i have visited your beautiful blog before .. I love your card it is so pretty .
hugs Sharon x

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! Love the happy sunny colors! :)