Wednesday 5 May 2010

I ♥ ProMarkers gives you Wings.....!


Good morning and welcome to Stamping Grandma today, hope you are having a great day!

Well, we have a new challenge over on I ♥ ProMarkers for this week.  Challenge #13 asks us to use some form of wings on our projects.  Joanna Sheen is the sponsor for this week's challenge, so what are you waiting for, get crafting your entry!! 

For my DT card I decided to do something very different from my normal 'style' of card.  Most of the time I use a stamped image, coloured with ProMarkers, as the main focal point on my cards.  Today's card has this lovely text as the main embellishment.

The background layer is some lovely pearl finish card with pale blue stars dotted all over.  It was this background which sparked my idea for the colour scheme and layout.  I cut out the two frames from pale blue pearl card, using a shapeabilities die set, then set the sentiment in the centre and added the frames around it.  I stamped the butterflies from a set by Papermania and coloured them with shades of blue ProMarkers with touches of blue Spica glitter pen added.  I created two of the larger butterfly, attached one flat to the frame and added the second over the top using silicone glue to give it a little dimension.  The result is a simple, easy and quick card, but very effective I think.

I hope you will be inspired to enter a project for the challenge this week, the rest of the DT and I love visiting your blogs and viewing your work and everyone is welcome to enter.  With the chance of winning a prize each week, it's a great challenge to join, just add a direct link to your project via Mr Linky on the I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge blog and keep your fingers crossed!
hugs
wynneth
x

No comments: