Monday 25 April 2011

Family Portrait

Are you ready to get Creepie ? Creepie Cutie that is !

Today's project features one of the newly released stamps for April - 'Home is Where They Are' is a new stamp in the Creepie Cuties collection by Queen Kat Designs.  This is the project I have posted on the Dark Ink Sorority Blog for my regular Tuesday spotlight.

I decided to create a simple design for this card as the image has lots going on in it. I stamped the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and using a waterbrush dragged some of the colour from the edges. It's very subtle and isn't showing up too well in the photo though sadly. I wanted to create an old fashioned sepia image and IRL it does work.

The frame for the portrait was created using the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis squares set of dies and dark brown cardstock. I brushed a gold inkpad lightly over the frame to give it a tattered guilding look. I embossed the white base card then rubbed the gold ink pad over the raised elements. I wanted to create the look of wallpaper - do you think I pulled it off?
Thanks for checking out my project today, let me know if you like the style of this type of stamp, I'm running a little poll to see which of the QKD collections my readers like best.

1 comment:

Boni said...

this is so cute ...I love the name home is where they are :) Nice job as always