Wednesday 24 August 2011

How many crafting days til Christmas?

.... scarily few and I've just realised there aren't anywhere near enough if I don't get a wiggle on and add to my stock of Christmas cards soon. 

Sooo..... I decided to use this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge #179 - sketch to get one finished to add to my stock.   The prize sponsor this week is Ktraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

I've had this sweet Whiff of Joy image stamped up for at least a couple of years and languishing in the bottom of my box of Christmas images awaiting colouring and turning into a cards.  The lovely tartan background paper has also been lying around in my cupboard for a long time.  So today's project is helping me to clear out some of my older stash too - result !

The image is coloured with Copics, sentiment is by Lili of the Valley and cut out using plain and petite scallop circle nesties.  Flowers were punched using my pal Annie's die from plain red and metallic red card and the leaves were cut with a Martha Stewart holly punch.  I added touches of Stickles and gold coloured half beads to finish off the flowers.

This is a really nice sketch to work with and I know I'll use it again and again, hope you enjoy using it too.  The details of the challenge and sketch are on the CCT blog here if you'd like to check them out.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and a splendid catch up too - your tartan paper and poinsettia's are just fab.

Happy Rudolph Day!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

oh i do love these woj images! gorgeous card, beautifully coloured x

Sarina said...

What a lovely Christmas card.I love the stamp.It's adorable,
x,
Sarina