Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sail Away



I always think there's something quite tranquil about an image of a small sail boat on the ocean.  This lovely digi image called 'Sail Away' from Digi Doodle Shop captures that tranquility perfectly I think.  I've used it for my DT card for this week's challenge over on the I Love Promarkers Blog as DDS are sponsoring the prize.  The challenge this week is to use Paper Piercing (not paper piecing!) on your projects.

I created a stepper card using my Hougie Board and the background paper is by Papermania.  I pierced around all the edges and used a blue Spica Glitter Pen to join up the holes and create faux stitching to the design.  I deliberately didn't prick the holes in straight lines as I wanted the faux stitching to look a little uneven and hand sewn. 

The sentiment elements were cut using dies from a nestie set which I adhered to a scrap of SU! Night of Navy card and cut round leaving a navy border around the shape.   The image is layered over the same navy cardstock.  Blue gems from my stash completed this clean and simple design.

Hope you've enjoyed today's project, the full details of the challenge and the DT projects are on the I Love Promarkers blog if you'd like to take a look.

1 comment:

Kathyk said...

Lovely card Wynneth, your blue striped steps create the illusion of waves too!

Happy Wednesday

Kathyk