Friday 19 August 2011

Special Friends

I'm lucky enough to have been invited to be the Guest Design Team Member for one of the challenges in August over on the Craft Mad and Loving it Group on Craftbubble.  I got to design a sketch and select a theme and it's my turn to set  today's new sketchie.   My theme is 'Special Friends.

I used this cute set of stamps from Kanban to create a scene for my card design, coloured with Copics and touches of Spica Glitter Pen.  There's Glossy Accents on parts of the images too.

The lovely background paper is by SU! and I had a go at making my first rosette with a strip of the same paper.  The smaller layers you can just see peeking from under the image are cut from the same paper but with the other side pattern uppermost.  The lacy edged pennant shaped layer was cut from SU! cardstock using a nestie die set.  The flower gem in the centre of the rosette was from my stash.

I'm excited to see what other members of the forum make using my sketch this week, and tomorrow I have a theme in mind for the weekly Sunday Theme challenge which I believe will get everyone putting their 'Thinking Caps' firmly on !! 

Here's the sketch if you'd like to use it yourself

Thanks for dropping by today, hope you enjoyed your visit.


4 comments:

Kathyk said...

FAB card - love the rosette too. Offski to check CMLI for the sketch

Happy Saturday

KAthyk

Jayne Hayward said...

Oh wow Wynneth the rosette is fantastic. Love the SU dp used and of course the adorable image used too.

Jayne xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card and scrummy Rosette Wynneth. I love image. Bert says the pusscat looks delicious!? Lx

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Super card Wynneth. Love the image and the papers. Thanks for the info on how to make the flower- will be off to have a go at it at some point. I have tried them before but they never turned out as good as yours- I don't think I made the paper strip long enough. Send my best wishes to Andy and hope he is continuing to make a speedy recovery x