Wednesday 13 November 2013

Anything But a Card

Good morning Bloggers and welcome to Wednesday here in my little bit of Blogland.  Sun is shining here today, although there was a very chilly start to the day.  I'm just so happy that it isn't raining, seemed like it was never going to stop !  Hopefully I'll be taking my Dad for a little outing to Looe - mmmm cream tea springs to mind Ha Ha ! 

The November challenge on the Craftbubble II and a half forum I belong to is 'Anything but a card' so today's project is my creation to enter for this challenge.  I decided to make some gift tags using the fabulous Christmas images from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Mini Blueprint set of stamps - I just adore these images.


Firstly I used the snowman stamp to create a few tags, cutting out the tags with a Marianne's die and SU! Crumbcake cardstock.  I added touches of white ink, red and green ProMarkers and just a little twinkly black with a 'Wink of Stella' pen.  There were more tags than this but I used a couple which you can see in the next pic.



I then went on to make a few more tags, using the same die and more of the Crumbcake cardstock as well as some scraps of red.   I tried stamping some of the images using SU! white ink, embellished with a few gems and added touches of colour on some using ProMarkers.


I'll be making a few more of these in the coming days but thought I'd share what I've done so far and they are just right for entering the challenge.

Thanks for dropping by today, I'm off out for a breath of fresh sea air in Looe now so might be back to add a couple of pix to this post later.  Have a great day whatever you have planned.

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing idea and beautifully done matey - the ribbon's pretty fab too!

Kathyk

Hettie said...

Fabulous tags! Thanks for the idea - I have these stamps.
Hugs
x

Annie said...

love those tags - now I've seen the shape I'll have to have the die! love your brown paper packages too, and that gorgeous ribbon, so much better than string!
hugs, annie x

Clare Lloyd said...

fab tags and gorgeous looking presents.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Your tags look like those expensive Hallmark ones. Very professional. I love these stamps, I always enjoy seeing what Kathy does with them too. I may have to get these for next year -a bit late now. I'm so behind :(
I had to laugh about your cream tea moment. We went to Looe when we were kids and I have the most awful memory of being shut in the public toilets at the beach! Everyone found it hilarious that I got stuck in the loo at looe! I cried for ages! Luckily someone came to my rescue and I never went into a toilet without 2p again -lol!
Hope you and your Dad enjoyed a lovely Cream tea.
Katie xx