Monday 25 November 2013

Bird on a Wreath

Happy Monday dear Bloggers, I have a sunny and fairly warm day here in my bit of Cornwall, hope you have nice weather wherever you are.

Over the past couple of days I've been batch-making lots of Christmas cards as I'm attending a Christmas Fair at a local Nursing Home next Saturday.  I'll share some pix of my makes over the next couple of days.

Meanwhile, here's today's project


For the design I've used the Memory Box twiggy wreath die to cut some SU! Early Espresso cardstock to make the wreath. 

The poinsettias were created using a set of Nellie Snellen punch and emboss punches and a gold Waco Pearl Pen to make the centres. 

The fronds were cut using a Marianne's die and the bird was first stamped on SU! Cherry Cobbler cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then cut out using the matching SU! punch.

I stamped the sentiment using SU! Raspberry Ripple ink and a Little Claire's stamp which I love as Peace, Love, Hope and Joy are what I believe Christmas should be all about.

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today and my project.  As this week's challenge on Simply Less is More is to use a bird, I think I'll submit this as my second entry for this week. 

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Smashing, your birdie is simply fab too

Kathyk

Patricia said...

Brilliant card, I love the stunning simplicity of it
Hugs

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful x

GinaA said...

So live the twig wreath and your bird is FAB. A super card.

Annie said...

working my backwards down your blog, it's the twiggy wreath again - I do NEED it!
hugs, annie x