Monday 4 November 2013

Waste Not, Want Not !

I'm guessing my post title caught your attention then !  Thanks for dropping by today to check my latest project.

I do so like it when I can use up even the tiniest scrap of my stash and today's card does just that.  Whilst creating yesterday's card using the Dees Distinctively Die sentiment die it left me with the outline on the scrap of cardstock I'd used, perfect to use on another card and much better than having it end up in the bin.  I like how the 'Merry' is set at a jaunty angle - not done deliberately as when I cut it I was only concerned with creating the diecut words, just one of those creative 'happy accidents' I guess !

 
I used a different Cuttlebug embossing folder than on yesterday's card to create the background for this one. then attached the sentiment panel with Pin Flair glue to lift it up a little.  I then tied some festive red and white striped twine around the top and finished with a bow.  I've also entered this card in the current Rudolph Challenge on Craftbubble II.
 
A really quick and simple design, but I think it looks classic and neat and meets my requirement for flat cards to mail out.  I may well make a few more in this design to help swell my Christmas card stock and (hopefully) be well prepared a little earlier this year !
 
Thanks for visiting today, have a great week.

5 comments:

Debs M said...

great use of left over card stock! lovely card Wynneth x

Kathyk said...

A HAPPY accident indeed matey, great card from the accident too!

Kathyk

Patricia said...

Brilliant card even better that you have used "waste" to create it.
Have a great day

Patricia x

Unknown said...

It@s a great feeling when you can use up every little scrap of card. A great CAS simple card.

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Sure did, I love a "scrappy" make. Embossing is the key on these kinda cards. Love it.
Katie x