Sunday 24 November 2013

Finished 12 Days of Christmas Project

Happy Sunday Folks, hope you're enjoying a fabulous weekend. 

If you have been reading my posts over the past few days, you'll know that I spent a wonderful weekend with crafting pals, which included a Workshop at Snazzy's in Swindon.  In the Workshop we were creating a '12 Days of Christmas' house.  I did share pix earlier of the progress on my house by the end of the day - not quite completed.  Since getting home I've finished it off and, as promised, here's some pix of the finished project.

The whole house
 
Top

 
Middle Floor

 
Bottom floor

 
Middle left

 
Middle Right

 
Middle Left Lower

 
Middle Bottom Box

 
Bottom Right Box


I continued using the stickers and card we received in the kit, plus some of the shrink plastic 12 days stamped images I made at Snazzy's.  The lace at the bottom was from my stash and I raided my DH's model train 'bits and bobs' box and snaffled a tree that was just the perfect size to fit into one of the boxes.  To go with the tree I made some tiny 'gifts' from air dry clay, a little gold pen to add 'ribbon' and then attached next to the tree.   The tiny glass bottles are filled with embossing powder and the '8 Maids a Milking' spilled milk bottle was created by dripping a little white acrylic paint inside and allowing it to settle - this was included in the kit.  I created the little poinsettias using a Nellie Snellen punch and emboss set and finished them off with a gold Waco Pearl Pen.

In case you're wondering and/or have inspected all the boxes closely to check, all 12 days are included within the items used, some days more than once ! 

I'm really pleased with my finished house and so glad I did this workshop. Do you enjoy this type of project ?  I had a great time and it's inspired me to attempt more altered art and 3D projects. 

I do hope you've enjoyed your visit to check on today's project.  Have a great day !

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

It was such a fun project - I checked I'd used all twelve days before I completed my last section too!!!

You've made a fantabulous job of yours - love that you "stole" one of Tom the train man's trees too!!!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

It looks great Wynneth - great idea with the tree and split milk! x

Patricia said...

Absolutely brilliant, everything is just wonderful.
I would love to create a Masterpiece like that

Patricia xxx

Lorraine said...

love the card but what an outstanding Christmas piece..superb

Annie said...

OMG! what a gorgeous festive project you have created! I really would like to see it for real .. ..
hugs, annie x