Tuesday 1 September 2015

Grey Brusho Merry Christmas

 

Good morning friends, I hope those of you in the UK have had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.  The weather wasn't too good here in my part of Cornwall, but we managed to stay dry.

I'm still in the swing of making Christmas cards and the project I'm sharing with you today is another one I made recently. 

I created a background using water colour card and just grey Brusho pigment.  I'm always amazed at how many different colours burst out of the colour when a few sprinkles of brusho are spritzed with water.

The main image is an Indigo Blue stamp which I stamped using Versamark then heat embossed using Black Detail embossing powder.  Over the top of the panel I used Shabby Blue embossing powder, scattered lightly and heated from underneath.  The sentiment is from the SU! Sassy Salutations stamp set, stamped onto the background using Versafine Black ink.

You can just see a hint of blue glitter from the shabby blue embossing powder in this close up shot.


The fir cones, bough and twig were diecut from white card using Marianne's dies, then a touch of Memento London Fog ink added whilst the dies were still in place.  Finally touches of Stardust Stickles was added on parts of the diecuts.

I attached the panel over a slightly larger layer of black cardstock and then attached to a 6x6 scalloped edge base card.

Thanks for dropping by to check out my latest project, I hope you enjoyed your visit.

4 comments:

Kathyk said...

This looks fab missus, very artistic ... and another one for your 2015 quota too

Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely card, looks like there has been a sprinkle of snow on it.

Sarn said...

SUPER work . . . love this xxx

BożenA said...

Exceptionally beautiful card. Such a snow blizzard, very winter. Super
hugs,
BozenA