Saturday 5 December 2009

Poinsettia Ornament

Today's card was inspired by this lovely Magnolia stamp.  Tilda is wrapped up warm and cosy in her red hooded coat and green boots and gloves, which I feel sure are fur lined.  In my imagination, she is carrying her basket of poinsettia flowers home to help decorate ready for Christmas.  I coloured the image using ProMarkers, adding a touch of green Spica glitter pen to the buttons on her coat.  I used Glossy Accents dusted with Glamour Dust on the trim of her hood to give them a little extra dimension and depth.  I cut out the image using nestabilities labels 6 and cut a larger layer out of red card to go underneath the image.  I also embossed the red layer with my Cuttlebug snow embossing folder, although this doesn't really show up on the photograph.  The round sentiment is from magnolia which I stamped up with Brilliance ink in red.  I stamped the Magnolia poinsettia image twice, coloured with ProMarkers and cut out.  I then added them to the card, together with fronds cut from a scrap of green card using a Martha Steward punch.  I created the background layer by taking strips of double sided card and using a border embossing punch with a snowflake design.  I then layered up all the strips to cover the front of the card.  It is the first time I've tried this technique and I am so pleased with the result that I shall probably use it again soon!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to view my creations, I really appreciate your support.

hugs
wynneth
x

1 comment:

Junie said...

LOVE THE LAYERED STRIPS Wynneth !!! Quite magical looking. Truly I adore the whole layout of this particular card and as ever your colouring is gorgeous !!!