Tuesday 16 February 2010

Anemone Mermaid

Today I'm sharing with you a card created using a stamp I haven't worked with before.  This Queen Kat Designs stamp is called 'Anemone Mermaid' and she is a real stunner!

Regular visitors to my blog will know that every wednesday I showcase one of my projects on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog for QKD.  This is the card I have posted on the WIS blog today, but I like to also share it with my own regular blog readers too.  The WIS blog is well worth a visit as there are some inspiring creations on there from members of the Design Team.

This week the DT are using the colour combo chocolate brown, aqua and red. What a truly decadent and scrumptious combo Queen Kat has given us to play with this week! I love rich and luscious colours to work with so today's creation was a dream.

Doesn't Anemone Mermaid have the most awesome 'big hair' - very 1980's (giggle). This stamp is fabulous to work with as there are large areas in which to colour and add lots of shading. I love the shell and flowers in her hair and that bikini top is soooo.... fabulous. She needs very little extra embellishing, as far as I'm concerned, and I think she looks amazing in her red outfit.

I coloured her with ProMarkers and Copics, with touches of Spica glitter pen on parts of the image. I punched layers of aqua, red and brown card with a Martha Stewart lacy heart border punch and layered them up under the main image.

The aqua layer was embossed in my Cuttlebug using one of my newly acquired CB Asian Bundle embossing folders, this one is called simply 'Koi' and has the fish swimming around and swirls of water - perfect to use with these wonderful mermaid stamps. I then rubbed a Gold Brilliance ink pad over the surface and the raised parts of the design collected more of the ink, thus highlighting them a little.

I then attached a length of red rick-rack ribbon across the centre of the card and added two swirls punched from red card using an EK Success punch. Finally I stamped out the word 'imagine' from a set of QKD sentiments - Et Voila! the finished card.

Don't forget that there is 35% off the price of all stamps in the QKD Store right now - what a great deal !  Now is a perfect time to get your hands on some of these amazing stamps while the price is discounted.

Thanks for stopping by today, I do hope you'll return again - and thanks in advance if you feel like leaving me a comment!

hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

2amscrapper said...

I love your red creation!

Debs M said...

what a fabulous card, love the layers of stamp, the image is lovely and beautifully coloured and the koi is striking! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Beautiful mermaid and I'm loving that embossing folder with the Koi Wynneth....oooooh! Fabulous colouring, as always. Love this card.

Lauren x

Annie said...

a real stunner Wynneth! very sumptuous colours and that embossed koi background is inspired!
hugs, annie x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is lovely Wynneth, a fab image coloured beautifully, I adore the MS border punch and how you've used it. Thanks for the inspiration xx

scrappygal said...

Beautiful!!

Junie said...

Another beautiful card Wynneth !! I love the red theme !!!

Clare Lloyd said...

i love the way you have layered those MS punched borders. ClareX