Sunday 7 February 2010

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Here were are, the second monday in February already, how the year is flying by!  As it is Monday, I'd like to welcome you to this week's Queen Kat Designs Monday Blog Hop. You should have hopped here from Penny's blog after viewing the fabulous creation she has to share with you today, but if you didn't, you should go to the QKD Blog to start at the beginning, so that you don't miss any of the DT's inspirational projects they have on their blogs for you today. The challenge this week is to work with the sketch on the right, and the newly released stamps. If you are a regular Hopper, you will know that every month new stamps are released and are available in the QKD Store. The DT create projects using the new stamps, which we share with you during the blog hops on monday and tuesday each week throughout the month.

For February, two new stamps in the Whimsical Ink range have been released.  Last week I brought you the lovely Abby Mermaid, today I'm showcasing the second of the new releases - 'He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not'  both designed by Maigan Lynn. 

This is a really sweet stamp and released in perfect time for creating your Valentines cards. 

I used another of the papers from the Papermania 'Spring Life' 8x8 pad of papers which I am loving at the moment.  The rich and luscious colours in these papers are just perfect to bring colour and vibrancy to this very dark and dismal time of the year.  Using these colours makes me think of spring and the promise of Summer sunshine.  I think these papers fit really well with both the sketch and this lovely image.  Recently I have been pushing myself out of my 'comfort zone' and trying different colour combinations, ones which I don't usually think of using.  My chosen colours for this card are blue, brown, yellow and green.  An unusual combo but I think it works!

This is a lovely image to colour and I used Copics and ProMarkers, adding small touches of Spica glitter pen.  I attached a length of wide dark blue organza ribbon across the bottom, for this element of the sketch.  The large yellow flower on the bottom left is from my stash and the smaller flowers were cut from a left over scrap of the background paper.  The sentiment, which I cut out using a petite scallop round nestabilities die, is from the January WIS kit and I inked only the word 'Love' from the sentiments included in the kit.  I love to find new and interesting ways to use the stamps I have, using only part of the stamp or layering and using them in different ways - it's such a fun thing to do!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog as you go along on the Hop, I'm now going to send you over to Steph's blog as she has a fabulous creation to share with you today.  Don't forget that there is the 35% sale going on at the QKD Store, a great time to get your hands on all these newly released stamps and all the 'old favourites' too!

Don't forget, we'll be back with another Hop next Monday and we'd love to have you join in the fun again, why not add the QKD Blog to your list of favourites so you won't risk missing the Hops in future weeks.

hugs
wynneth
x

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Just lovely. I really like the way you've incorporated the swirl on the paper into your design and the colouring on your lovely QKD fairy is really beautiful. Are fairies a new departure? I have to say, I'm hoping so. I like em. Another gorgeous card Wynneth. Can't wait to see the other DT cards too. Have a good week. Lauren x

2amscrapper said...

Just too perfect!

Annie said...

another fabulous fairy card Wynneth!
hugs, annie x

Steph Ackerman said...

Oh what an amazing card. I love it, it's perfect for V's Day.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

STUNNING as ALWAYS Wynneth!!! sooooooooo gorgeous!!!

Nancyroo said...

awesome card! I love this fairy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is terrific.

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness, Oh my Gracious. this is just stunning Wynneth. Job well done!!!

Lara said...

She is just beautiful!!! Love your coloring!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I agree- a fairy to play with has been fabulous!

Nina said...

Wynneth, this is just gorgeous! I swear I never get tired of seeing the fairies or mermaids. You girls just do an awesome job of re-making them each and every time you use them! This is no exception! =)

*hugs*
Nina