Sunday 28 February 2010

Happiness Comes in Many Forms.....

Today sees the release of more new stamps from Queen Kat Designs, my fellow DT members have all been creating fabulous projects using the new stamps ready to share with you on the Hop today.  You should have hopped here from Penny's Blog, but if you didn't I suggest you might like to go back to the QKD Blog where you'll find the full list of links for today's Hop.  It would be such a pity to miss any of the awesome creations from the DT using their new stamps. 

I am mega excited this month as I am priviledged to have been given the new March WIS Kit to play with - how cool is that?  This kit is fabulous and it was soooo... easy to be inspired by these great new stamps.  If you haven't already ordered your WIS Kit for March yet, I suggest you hurry over to the QKD Store as soon as you can and place your order, these beauties sell out faster than you can imagine and you wouldn't want to miss out would you?
Inspiration came quickly to me as soon as I saw the new stamps in the Kit, I just had to get them inked up, and this card created, within hours of them arriving through my mailbox!

I decided to use some lovely springlike colours for my card.  The background papers are from an A4 pad by Papermania called 'Sunshine Paper Pack'.  I moved the elements of the sketch around just a little to better compliment the image and thought I'd make an easel card for a change. 

I coloured the image with Copics and ProMarkers and added touches of Spica glitter pen on parts of the image.  I also stamped the butterfly from the Kit twice and coloured these to match the wings of the mermaid.  I kept one butterfly flat and bent the wings of the second one so that they stand up and give a 3d effect.  I cut the image out with a spellbinders nestabilities labels 8 die and layered this on to a pearly taupe coloured layer cut with a slightly larger die from the same set.  The ribbon was from my stash and I cut the flowers and swirls, with a Marianne Designs Ribbon Flowers Die set, from scraps of the background papers.  I added a smaller flower cut from the taupe card and finally added a flower shaped brad to hold all the flower layers together.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the Kit on to a scrap of white card and used Scattered Straw Distress Ink to colour it to tone with the papers.  I then attached this to the base of the easel, raised up on foam pads so that it forms the 'stop'.

I hope you are having lots of fun hopping along today, I'm now going to send you on to Steph's Blog to see the amazing creation she has for you today using her new stamps.  Don't forget that the rest of the DT will be displaying their creations using more of the new stamps on the Tuesday Blog Hop tomorrow.  Start at the QKD Blog again and check out their amazing projects tomorrow.

Thank you so much for joining in the Hop today, we appreciate your support.  I love to receive feedback, so do leave me a comment if you wish, it makes me smile reading them all :o)
hugs
wynneth
x

14 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my! I do think happiness comes in many forms and this card is one of them!! :) great job

Junie said...

Wynneth what a cute card !!! I love your flowers I have invested in a couple of sets myself !!!! HUGS TO YOU

CraftyMomOf3 said...

beautiful design, colors and all around gorgeousness!!!

Nancyroo said...

beautiful, love your coloring!

Unknown said...

Wynneth, this easel card is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing and have a great trip.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

You are SO talented. I think this is a fabulous card and wonderful, wonderful colors!!!!

Crazy Creations said...

Love your card I neeed more of there stamps<Hugs Sarah

Keely Livings said...

Beautiful card, Wynneth! Your coloring of the mermaid is just gorgeous.

Clare Lloyd said...

gorgeous card and image. i love those papers too! ClareX

Brooke said...

She's beautiful Wynneth. I love the colors you chosen.
Hugs,
Brooke B.

Unknown said...

Great coloring on these and love the flowers and this mermaid is fantastic.....vivene

Lara said...

This is just fantastic!! In absolutely LOVE the colors and accents! Love, LOVE it!!

Kimme said...

So so pretty! I think she is gorgeous!

Steph Ackerman said...

Beautiful Wynneth - love the colors.