Thursday 4 February 2010


This week's sketchie challenge on the Let's Get Stamping group on Craftbubble includes the 'twist' of using stationery items on your project in addition to following the sketch.

I used two C5 manilla envelopes for the base card, creating a pocket in the bottom left corner to hold the separate tag.  On the tag I created a pull loop on the top with a Treasury Tag.  I also added a small bulldog clip to the front helping to attach the flowers.  I think this qualifies my card as an entry with all these stationery items added!

I bought a lovely set of Hero Arts retro flower stamps at the Westpoint craft show in Exeter last weekend.  I couldn't wait to ink up the stamps and I thought this largest flower from the set was ideal for my card.  I stamped the image twice on to each of two sheets of patterned paper, then cut them out and layered the centre flower from one paper on to the flower cut from the other.  The leaf stamp was also part of the set.

On the tag, I added a further layered flower to the top right.  The main body of the tag was created by colouring with scattered straw Distress Ink, then masking the centre with a scalloped oval and adding Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to give the darker border.  Finally, I stamped the floral 'friend'  sentiment stamp from my set by Inkadinkadoo (also bought at Westpoint) in the centre.  The second picture shows the tag outside the front pocket.

Thank you so much for dropping by today, I hope you've enjoyed viewing my card and that you'll be back again soon.

hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Junie said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW JUST STUNNING !!! I love visiting your blog as ever single card or project you do is completely different !! Have a wonderful day my dear friend !!! We have been hit with snow again AHHHHH

Annie said...

ooo Wynneth your new stamps look fabulous all inked up and cut out on this project!
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

Super idea Wynneth, lovely project.
Hope you have a lovely time in Essex
Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

such a great project and stunning finished results! ClareX

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well I can report that your beautiful card holds up in the flesh too. Fabulous. I HAVE to have those flower stamps....just HAVE TO!!!! Lauren x