Thursday 25 February 2010

Life is a tightrope walk!


Thanks for dropping by today, I love visitors!!!

Today I'm sharing with you a card I put together very quickly as my entry for this week's Let's Get Stamping challenge over on Craftbubble.  The sketch is nice and simple but with a couple of twists as it needs to include wavy lines and the image should be an animal.

Well, I think I hit this right on the nail with my sweet tightrope walking Hedgie - how cute is he?  I don't actually know if it's a he, but I think so anyway !!  He's a Penny Black image which a crafting pal sent to me as a gift.  I've been keeping him 'for best' but decided he was perfect for this challenge.

As usual, I used ProMarkers to colour in the image, then cut it out with a round nestabilities die.  I mounted this on to a pale green layer cut with a very slightly larger petite scallop circle nestie.  I am not sure who the sentiment is by, it was sitting in my box of bits and I thought the hand-written effect was perfect, it was cut out with a nestie die and two yellow brads added, one at each end.

I picked up a few lengths of sparkly ric-rack ribbon from the bargain bucket at my local Art Store last saturday, little did I know they would come in handy so quickly!!  The flowers and flower brad were in my stash and the background paper is yet another from the Papermania Spring 8x8 pads I am loving so much at the moment.

Thanks again for visiting today, I hope to share more projects with you over the coming days, thanks in advance if you feel like leaving me some feedback!

hugs
wynneth
x 

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card, glad to hear all heading in the right direction in your world too.
Kathyk

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous card...love that image.

Annie said...

love the colours on this card Wynneth and that ric rac looks fab! and that is one very cute hedgie image, certainly worth keeping for a 'best' card, and this is it!
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

great card, fab colouring on the flowers, love it x

Kathyk said...

Have a lovely vacation, Wynneth, will catch up with you on your return.
Kathyk

Clare Lloyd said...

love it, wynneth!!! great colours. enjoy your well earned hols. ClareX