Sunday 21 February 2010

Love is the Thread.....

Welcome to this week's Queen Kat Designs Monday Blog Hop, I hope you're having loads of fun hopping along.  You should have arrived here from Penny's Blog but if you didn't, it would be a great idea to pop back to the QKD Blog and start from the beginning, so you don't miss any of today's fabulous creations from the DT.

The month of February saw the release of two fabulous new stamps in the Whimisical Ink Fantasty Stamps range, designed by Maigan Lynn and available in the QKD Store.  If you have joined in with the previous Hops this month, you will already have seen the delightful Fairy stamp called  'He Love Me, He Loves Me Not', which is the image I've chosen to use for today's project. 

This week Queen Kat gave the DT the picture on the right to use as inspiration.  There are some luscious and zingy colours in this picture, some of my very favourites in fact!  

I thought you might enjoy reading about my design process for today's card.  From this inspirational picture, my ideas started to form around a 'squares of colour' theme.  I also felt there was a lot of warmth and comfort to the room with it's bright colour scheme and the roaring fire in the hearth.  I love the small injections of yellow in the scene, they really lift the whole picture and the textures in the furnishings also sparked a creative idea.

So, with my mental 'design board' filled, I decided to create some 'inchies' using the colours in the picture.  I cut out 16 pieces of white card each one 30cm x 30cm in size.  I then coloured these in shades of the three colours I had chosen (green, blue and turquoise) with ProMarkers.  I then put these 'inchies' through various Cuttlebug embossing folders from the new Asian Bundle set.  Each of the pieces was then attached to the base card in a random design. 

I stamped the image, cutting out only a portion of it using an oval nestabilities die.  I coloured the image using Copics and ProMarkers, with touches of Spica glitter pen on parts.  I then added Martha Stewart irridescent tiny heart glitter in yellow to her skirt - just for fun!!!!  The image was layered on to a piece of yellow card cut out with a scalloped oval nestie which is only very slightly larger than the oval containing the image.  I attached the image and the sentiment over the 'inchies'.  I created the sentiment on my computer as I knew exactly what wording I wanted to use and don't have anything like that on a stamp.  I cut the sentiment out with an oval nestie and layered it on to a yellow scalloped oval, cut with a very slightly larger nestie.  Finally, I added three blue paper flowers and leaf fronds punched with a Martha Stewart punch.

I'm now sending you on to Steph's blog to see the amazing creation she has to share with you today.  Don't forget there is another Hop tomorrow when the rest of the DT will be showcasing their creations for you -tomorrow's Hop starts at the QKD blog.  It's well worth checking the QKD Store regularly to see what great deals and discounts are running each month - you wouldn't want to miss out on a bargain would you!  Right now there's a fabulous special offer bundle of new release stamps for $25.

Thank you for taking part in the Hop today - feedback is great to receive, I know I love to read all the kind comments left for me.  I hope to see you back next Monday for the next Hop when I will be revealing a project using the brand new March WIS Kit stamps - bet you can't wait to see this new WIS Kit!  I can tell you it's a beauty!!! 

hugs
wynneth
x

15 comments:

Junie said...

Wynneth the effect you have created is spectacular I love all those different colours of green !! I love the way you colour with pro markers for some reason they just dont seem to work with me LOL !!!

2amscrapper said...

Oh no, you didn't do that skirt by hand!!!!! It's sparkly fabulous! And I love how you took the time to make all of the inchies and run them through the Cuttlebug!

Georgie Hughes said...

This is a lovely card Wynneth,colours are well thought out and look fab.Love the way you have created the effect on her skirt. All in all a beautiful piece of work.

Debs M said...

what a great idea, colouring the card and them embossing it! That skirt is just too lovely, well done on another fab card x

Nancyroo said...

gorgeous card, love the cuttlebug work.

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow, that is gorgeous!!!!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

amazingly FANTASTIC Wynneth!! simply GORGEOUS! wow wow WOW!

love it!

xoxo
Meredith

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome! I just love the embossed squares and that bling bling skirt is amazing. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy along this hop.

Juliet Diley said...

You did the squares too! LOL! Great minds....and I love how you embossed them! GREAT card!

Kathyk said...

It's FAB Wynneth - just FAB. Sorry I'm late - still on Vegas time!
Kathyk

Kimme said...

How lovely! Great job!

Chrisd said...

Great use of color and just loving those new CB Asian Folders...Lovely papercrafting!

Nina said...

Wynneth, as always you amaze me at the many techniques and little details you put into your work. This is no exception. Love that the stamped image looks like a brooch. And love the little textures on the squares. Awesome job! =)

Clare Lloyd said...

another brill card and the background idea is fab! ClareX

Tammi said...

Love what you did with the background, looks fabulous, pretty card!! Oh and your Tilly is just beautiful, she looks similiar to my dog. :)