Sunday 14 February 2010

Hop,.... Hop..... Hop - that means it must be Monday!

Good morning to you and welcome to today's Monday Blog Hop by the Queen Kat Designs DT.  You should have hopped over here from Lara's blog, but just in case you came direct to me, might I suggest that you pop over to the QKD blog and start from the beginning.  This way, you won't miss a single one of the amazing creations the Design Team have to share with you today.

Well now, for today's Hop Queen Kat asked us to use one of the 'older' stamps rather than the newly released ones and gave us the sumptious colour combo of chocolate brown, aqua and red to work with.  These colours are so amazing used together, so rich and luscious - it makes my mouth water!!!!!

So here were go.....
For today's project, I've used the delightful 'Hookah Smoking Mermaid' which was released towards the end of 2009 and she is available in the QKD Store with a whopping 35% off the price right now - go on, what are you wating for?  you know you want to have her in your stash !!. 

Now I know that smoking has become a very anti-social activity in recent times, but how could you be the least bit cross with this beauty!!  Here she sits in her wonderfully tranquil world with her fishy friends swimming by, so relaxed and without a care!  I felt this particular image was perfect for this week's colour scheme.

I coloured her with Copics and ProMarkers, adding Glossy Accents to the fish to give them some dimension and an 'underwater' feel.  I also added Spica glitter pen to the jewels on her head dress and top and also on the beads around her waist.  Of course, I just knew that she would be wearing red glittery eyeshadow too, she's just 'that kinda girl' ! 

The lovely fantasty theme brown and cream background paper was in my box of loose papers and I just felt it was made for this card.  I cut the image layer, aqua and brown layers with decorative scissors and put the brown layer through my Cuttlebug with one of my newly acquired CB Asian Bundle embossing folders.  This particular one is called Japanese Scales.  The lacy strip across the lower half of the card was cut using a Martha Stewart border punch, the red ribbon was from my stash and I used another of these lovely flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  As a finishing touch, I added Card Candy in the three colours of today's theme, just to give the top right corner of the card a small point of interest.

I do so hope that you've enjoyed viewing my card today and that you are having a great time on the Hop.  I'm now sending you on to Steph's blog as I know she will have a fabulous project to share with you.  The rest of the DT will be showcasing their projects for you tomorrow on the Tuesday Hop, do join in, I know they would be honoured to have you along!

By the way, don't forget there's a 35% discount on stamps at the QKD store right now, it's too good an offer to miss if you ask me - but then I guess I'm biased!!!

I'll have another project to share with you next Monday, I do hope you'll join the Hop again then.  I really enjoy reading comments left on my blog, so if you have the time before you hop off to see Steph's creation, I'd love it if you left me one today. 

hugs
wynneth
x

14 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Love your interpretation of the color scheme. Your card is so rich and full! A delight for the eyes!

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! another stunning card with the gorgeous mermaids. Not sure if you are having an 'at home' this afternoon, but I'm not 100% today so will stay in doors. Hopefully I will be ok for Kelly Bray on Saturday - are you going?
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Wynneth. Wow! What a delicious colour scheme today. Slurp! I will always giggle now when I see this mermaid as you know I thought she was called Hooker when I first heard her name...not very flattering!!!! Oh dear. Off I go...hop, hop, hop. Have a great day. Lauren x

Steph Ackerman said...

Wynneth!!!!
I love her. You did a fabulous job.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

your detail is simply divine Wynneth!!! so beautiful, serene and complete. i love it all around!!!

XOXOXO
meredith

Lara said...

Oh, she is gorgous!! Absolutely LOVE, LOVE her! You absolutely rocked this challenge!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found at Pile IT On!.. Enjoy! and have fun!

-- dalis

Nancyroo said...

very pretty and elegant card.

Kathyk said...

What are you like Laure???? Wynneth, another fabby creation from you. I was surprised by the color selection for this week but you've really made it work (as have your other "hoppers" - brill!
Kathyk

Unknown said...

wholey cow! that's gorgeous!

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the card Wynneth. ClareX

Keely Livings said...

Love your beautiful card, Wynneth! Just gorgeous.

Anita said...

Just stunning Wynneth, I love those brads and so much yumminess to look at.

Penny said...

gorgeous!!!