Thursday 18 February 2010

Stamping all over the flowers

For this week's sketchie challenge over on the Let's Get Stamping group on Craftbubble  we get a sketch to work with and the twist of not using a stamped image as the focal point of the card.  There must be some stamping on it though.

My crafting pal bought round her new set of Martha Stewart punches recently and I had a great time playing with them!  I love this 'all around the page' set of double loops, it is such a delicate, but not too pretty, lacy edge.  The two layers I punched in white and blue were perfect for creating this card.

I simply layered them on top of each other and added a strip of blue and white patterned card -punched on both sides to make a strip of lace with one of the MS border punches - across the middle of the card.

The flowers were punched with a large retro flower punch by E K Success, then the small flower stamp from a set of flower and butterfly stamps by papermania was stamped on to areas of the same paper - which were lighter in colour for contrast.  I then just layered them up and added small blue pearls in the centre of each.  The whole card created without any colouring !

This was a really quick and simple card to make using this lovely fresh colour scheme of blue and white, and one which would be appropriate for many different occasions.

I hope you've enjoyed viewing this card today, I appreciate your support and hope you'll be back again soon !

hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow that's so eye catching Wynneth and that punch looks great layered. Just goes to show you don't have to spend hours creating great cards :)

Junie said...

Wynneth another STUNNING card !!! I just ADORE the blue and white together soooooo classic and chic !!! HUGS ;)

Annie said...

ooo now that is a great punch! I have a couple of those round the edge ones but not managed to go round the edge yet! love the pretty blue shades on your card today. OK for tomorrow morning - I'll be at the bottom of the steps at 0930 - you might not recognise me though as I've been to the hairdresser!
hugs, annie x

Debs M said...

stunning card with the colours and embellishments. those flowers really are fab x

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a beautiful card this is Wynneth. I love your flowers and those MS punches are great aren't they. Thanks so much for supporting my challenge this week. Lauren x