Wednesday 10 February 2010

Purple Love


Today's card I have to share with you features the gorgeous 'He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not' stamp which is newly released by Queen Kat Designs.  It is another beautiful stamp designed by Maigan Lynn, who is also the designer of the lovely mermaid stamps from QKD that I often use on my creations.

For today's project I used just part of the stamp, cutting the image out with an oval nestabilities die. My plan was to create the look of a mirror, through which this delightful faerie is gazing out and dreamily peeling the petals from her flower. I am sure that most young girls have played this game, peeling the petals and asking that important question "does he love me, or does he not?" ! I know I did when I was young!

I decided to colour the image in shades of pink and purple using Copics and ProMarkers and added touches of Spica glitter pen in purple to the spots on her bodice, headband and wings and, of course, she is wearing sparkly purple eyeshadow!  These colours go so well with the frame and the shades of grey on the background paper, which is from my stash.

I created a frame from some lovely DCWV paper from their 'Pocketful of Posies' pad, using a plain oval and a petite scalloped oval nestabilities die. I punched out some small flowers from pretty pink patterned paper from my stash and added these to the frame, with a small gem at the centre of each one. The larger flowers were cut from the same pink paper, using a set of Spellbinders shapeabilities dies and I added Card Candy to the centre of each. The silver/grey background paper was also from my stash.  

Finally, I created the sentiment on my computer, printing it out in purple ink on to a scrap of white card, then cut out with a petite scallop oval nestie and attached using silicone glue to give it a little lift.

I hoped you've enjoyed your visit here today and found some inspiration from my project.  I have also posted this card on the Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog today as Wednesday is my regular Designer slot on the blog each week.  Although you can see my today's card here, it is worth a visit to the WIS blog to see all the other amazing creations by the QKD DT on there.  A new project is posted on the WIS blog every day, hopefully to inspire you and to showcase these delightful QKD stamps. 

By the way, there is a fabulous sale going on right now in the QKD Store - 35% off the price of stamps!  How good is that ?  This is a great time to add to your stash of QKD stamps or to make your first purchase while the prices are lower than usual. 

I'll  have another new project to share with you next wednesday, both on here and on the WIS Blog and look forward to welcoming you back here again soon. Thanks for visiting today, it would be great if you left me some feedback too.
hugs
wynneth
x

Just realised that this card is also perfect as an entry for this week's Sweet Stampin challenge which is 'Floral Frenzy' - I think there are enough flowers on this card to meet this criteria, don't you? LOL

12 comments:

Jayne Hayward said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours used as the grey and purple work really well together. That image is to die for! I really like how you have used the small flowers to make a frame and think that a mirror effect looks really good.

Jayne xx

Debs M said...

what a gorgeous card, i love the image, the colours, flowers, everything!

Annie said...

gorgeous card Wynneth, love the fairy and all those little flowers around the mirror!
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do love these fairies. Aren't they lovely. Love what you've done with this card. The flowers are so beautiful. Lovely big billowy flowers. I really like them. Lauren x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I love the image you've used

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week

Jan xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Your card is beautiful! your colouring is wonderful!

Junie said...

Your card is GORGEOUS !!! The colours are amazing and just so vibrant !!! Beautiful. I truly must get myself some of these stamps !!!

Unknown said...

hiya hun, yes your right theres certainly enough flowers on your card for the challenge! lol
love the image, colour combo and your colouring is fab!
thank you so much for joining us this week for a sweet stampin challenge
love emma xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

such a beautiful card! X

Queen La Rubba said...

Love the stamp and the purple coloring is just FAB! I really love that ring of flowers that matches the big ones! SUper cute! Thank you for joining us for htis weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! Look forward to seeing more of your beautiful cards in the future!
HUGS
RAch ~ Queen La Rubba

Kimme said...

She's beautiful, but I think you could have added a few more flowers.....somewhere ;)

Unknown said...

Now that is a flower frenzy..
what a stunning card!!

Love the flower border and the image and colours..

Thanks for joining us over at sweet stampin xx