Thursday 11 February 2010

Wa Loli


This week the 'Let's get stamping' challenge on Craftbubble gives us a sketch to work with and the added twist of 'wings'. 

I decided to use this truly delightful image from Queen Kat Designs.  This stamp is called 'Wa Loli' and I love the Manga style of her and yet she is still so sweet and cute with the ringlets in her hair.

As the image 'said' oriental to me, I decided to use this lovely background paper from a pack by Dovecraft.  It isn't a specifically oriental set of papers, but the simple layout and blossom on this particular one suggest an oriental theme to me!

I coloured Wa Loli with Copics and ProMarkers, adding a little clear Spica glitter pen to her adorable little bag, which has a heart with wings and fits this challenge perfectly.  I also added Glossy Accents to the heart on the bag and to her eyes.  I cut out the image with a petite scallop oval nestabilities die and sponged around the edges with sky blue chalk ink while the die was still in place to give it a little white frame around edge.

The flowers were created using a Paper Shapers large retro flower punch, each petal was curled using the edge of the blade of my scissorts and then folded up to create dimension.  I then added one of these totally scrumptious blue blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts in the centre of each flower. 

To add more wings to the card, to comply with the challenge twist, I placed a little butterfly embellishment next to the sentiment which is from a set by The Greetings Farm.

Thanks so much for visiting, hope you enjoyed sharing my project today. 

hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Junie said...

Oh what an adorable card !!! I love the image also and the background paper and flower certainly add the oriental feeling. How can she walk on shoes that high ?? HUGS

Debs M said...

love the image, gorgeous card x

Annie said...

love the pretty colours and details on this card Wynneth, and the cute image too!
hugs, annie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

This is a masterpiece Wynneth. Wa Loli is so cute and I love the unusual colour scheme. The flowers are luscious and those papers just divine. Love, love, love it. Lauren x

Jayne Hayward said...

This is lovely. I love the image and the dp used. You have coloured her in great. I see you ordered some flowers from wildorchidcrafts. Aren't they just adorable?

Jayne xx

Kathyk said...

This is such a lovely fresh looking card using a rather lovely image, Wynneth
Kathyk