Sunday 13 December 2009

Purple-icious Christmas!


Many of us are often heard singing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" at this time of year.  I have a great crafting pal who would be changing the 'white' to purple as she is such a fan of the colour purple that she has lots of it all over her house, even purple fairy lights!  So, the card I made specially to send to her for Christmas just had to be coloured in shades of purple! 

I decided to use this sweet stamp from Pollycraft - she is one of their Christmas Pixies and her name is Grace.  I felt she looks as though she is also a purple fan.  I coloured her with my ProMarkers, adding touches of Spica glitter pen and Glossy Accents, dusted with Glamour Dust, on her hat trim and wings.

This is another easel card (I do love making these) and the background paper is from an Artylicious CD, printed on to white pearlised paper.  I wrapped a length of narrow purple ribbon around the bottom half of the front of the card and secured a silver colourd snowflake charm  to the ribbon with a knot.  Inside the card I added a scalloped oval layer cut using a nestabilities die which provides an area on which to add a personal message.  For the 'stop' to hold the easel I used this vintage theme merry christmas round greeting stamp from Magnolia, sponging on a little purple chalk ink to tie it in to the colour scheme.

I hope that my pal will have already received this card before it is published here on my blog and if not, I hope she doesn't see it here first thus spoiling the surprise for her!  I scheduled it in for later this week, so I should be safe!

Thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again soon :o)

hugs
wynneth
x


3 comments:

Kathyk said...

And your purple friend was so very thrilled to receive it too!! It's even fabbier "in the flesh" so to speak!
Kathyk

Craftyrose said...

Wow, your royal purpleness how very lucky you were to receive this delish card! I bet it has pride of place in the royal purple palace!
Wynneth, it's awesome xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Do you know, Your Purpleness. I just knew this card would be yours and I just KNEW you would love it. Isn't our Wynneth clever. This is another stunner Wynneth. Lauren x