Thursday 24 December 2009

Tilly Mermaid


I hope that by now you have all your christmas preparations sorted and are ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the festive season!  I think most of us enjoy creating cards of any type, but sometimes we can get a little bored with christmas themed cards!!

This little beauty is called Tilly Mermaid and she is produced by Queen Kat Designs.  I am very proud to be a member of the wonderful group of crafters who make up the Design Team for QKD.  I have a regular wednesday slot on the QKD Whimsical Ink Sorority Blog and post up one of my creations every week as part of the weekly QKD blog hops.  I created the Tilly card for the hop on 9 December.  I thought I'd post it up on my blog in case any of you lovely visitors had missed it on the WIS blog!

The lovely DP is from the 'Pocketful of Posies' pad by DCWV and I just love the gorgeous rich colours of the papers.  The smaller rectangular layer was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder before having a length of fancy thread wrapped around it.  The image of Tilly Mermaid was coloured with ProMarkers and a little Spica glitter pen added.  It was then cut out with a round nestabilities die and layered on blue card cut out with an inverted scallop circle die.

A simple but effective layout I think with all the attention drawn to the lovely image and the scrumptious papers.

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving comments, I love to read them.

hugs
wynneth
x

No comments: