Friday 4 June 2010

A Day at The Beach


This little cutie is a stamp from hAnglar & stAnglar.  Until recently the only way to be able to buy these cute stamps was to live in Sweden or Norway (or have friends who do!).  Now, however, they have started selling their stamps via Ebay, in kits rather than single stamps, but you have to be really fast as each time they list kits, they sell out within hours (sometimes even minutes!).  I have been fortunate enough to have bought a couple of kits recently, although this little chap isn't among the stamps I got, but he was stamped for me by a lovely crafting pal who sent me a few images as a gift.

I created this card as an entry for the Let's Get Stamping challenge on Craftbubble this week, and I followed the sketch and the twist of using only two colours.  I love this vibrant red and grey together and I think my choice of colours may well have been influenced by having so many England football flags on display everywhere!!  Mind you, I don't think his beach ball would last long in a football match!

The image was coloured with ProMarkers and Copics, the red and grey layers embossed in my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder and the horizontal strips cut with a Martha Stewart cut and emboss border punch.  The butterfly was also cut with a Martha Stewart punch and just adds a finishing touch and balances the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you've enjoyed your visit!
hugs
wyneth
x

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous image and I love the colourway Wynneth. Gives your card a nice vintage feel. Lx

Kathyk said...

Fundabbydozy Wynneth - a wonderful colour combo
Kathyk