Thursday 3 June 2010

Thank You Beary Much Just Cute Bears


For my card today I used this cute Bedtime Bear, from High Hopes by Dustin Pike, that a kind crafting pal sent to me some time ago.  I've used the sketch from the Let's Get Stamping weekly challenge over on Craftbubble.  The twist to the challenge this week is to use only two colours.  The colours I have chosen are yellow and brown, nice teddy bear colours.  My background paper is from the Spring Time collection by Papermania and I did a little (wonky!) stitching around the outside edge - first time I've stitched on a card! 

The three circular layers were cut with a plain circle and two small scallop circle nestabilities dies.  I used one of my newly acquired Martha Stewart border punches to pretty up the horizontal strip a little, layering a strip of yellow over one of dark brown pearlised card.  The flowers were cut using my cuttlebug and a set of Marianne Designs dies, with a tiny pearl added to the centre of each.  I coloured the image with my ProMarkers, brushed a thin layer of Diamond Stickles over the moon to give it some shine and Glossy Accents on the teddy's nose and the star.  Finally I added a little glitter glue around the outside edge of the image layer and dusted it with Glamour Dust for added sparkle.  The sentiment is from The Greetings Farm and, again, I added a little Diamond Stickles around the outside and on the tiny butterflies.
I can enter this card for this week's Let's Get Stamping challenge and also for the Just Cute Bears challenge which asks us to create a Thank You card.

Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you enjoyed your visit - please come back soon, I love to receive visitors!
hugs
wynneth
x

6 comments:

Junie said...

Hi Wynneth !!! Oh I completely adore the colours you have used and the stamped image is adorable. I have a few of Dustin Pike's digi images they are so cute and easy to use !!!

Kathyk said...

It's just lovely Wynneth. I love your colours and your image (must get me some of those HH stamps) and and flowers divine. Can't wait to see your next masterpiece.
Kathyk

Annie said...

ooo I like this one Wynneth! he is a cutie and looks fab in yellow and brown. thanks for joining in at JCB too!
hugs, annie
PS got some new LOTV stamps today - you free next Monday?

jenny said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth! Love the colour combo and sweet bear image x
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears x

Jenny xx

WeirdCat said...

Aww so sweet, love the not so traditional colour choice
Ruth x

Sarah said...

Such a sweet card!

Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

xx :0)