Monday 14 June 2010

Lovely Lani Mermaid


Today I am sharing with you my DT card created for the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of the Tuesday Blog Hop for Queen Kat Designs Stamps.  This tuesday the QKT DT are working with the colours Black and White and using stamps which have been around for a while rather than new releases. I decided to use the lovely Lani Mermaid and I think she looks stunning in black and white.

Recently I've been enjoying creating some different shaped cards and I decided to add a small twist to this one by creating an inverted decoupage effect on an easel card. I cut frames in reducing sizes from a set of spellbinders nestabilities, using different patterned papers, then layered them up on silicon glue to give the frames more dimension. I also cut the base card from the largest of the same die set to create an easel card. I coloured the image using ProMarkers and added some clear Spica Glitter Pen to the flowers, although this isn't showing up too well on the pictures.

Here is a side-on view of the card on the right to better demonstrate the layered effect. I punched a flower from the same black and white card as the top frame, added a black half-bead and attached this to the inside to function as the 'stop' for the easel.

I hope you've enjoyed viewing my card today, I will be sharing more of my QKD projects next monday and tuesday and other projects throughout this week, do drop by again soon it's great to see you!

hugs
wynneth
x

5 comments:

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful.. Such a darling little image and I love thedesign and colors.. Very lovely..
Hugs, Linda

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS Wynneth, I love the shaped card and the invertage and the monochrome - OK, EVERYTHING about it - this one's a stunner.
Kathyk

Nina said...

Wynneth, this is just G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. Seriously. It's a piece of art! Beautiful! =)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Wynneth...love it.

I am visiting Looe in August/Sept and will be meeting up with Annie again...hope I can get to meet with you too.
Hugs
Caz
x

Annie said...

wow Wynneth! what an amazing creation - I need to see it to figure out how you did it! love the shape and striking colour.
enjoy the sunshine today!
hugs, annie x