Sunday 15 August 2010

Birthday Boy

Today's card is the last in the set I made as part of my friend's birthday gift.  I thought I should include one card which is appropriate as a man's or a boy's card and this little hAnglar & stAnglar chap is ideal.  I coloured him with Promarkers and cut him out using a nestabilities die and mounted the image layer on another one, cut from the background paper, using a slightly larger die from the same set.  The background papers are from the DCWV Nanna's Kitchen pad, the button was in my stash and I coloured some white crochet cotton with a Promarker to match the colour theme and threaded it through the button before tying in a knot.  I used the same Promarker to edge around all the layers to give them just a little more definition and tie the whole thing together.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a Papermania set of clear sentiment stamps and I added a line of Stardust Stickles down the join between the two bottom layer of background paper, although most of it is covered by the image and sentiment.

I do hope you've enjoyed seeing all the cards in this set over the past few days, they were fun to make and it was very refreshing to create a few more simple layouts without adding lots of embelishments and bling!  My friend was delighted with her gift and I know she will use all the cards in no time, at least I can top up her stock when she needs more!

That's me done chatting for now, so til your next visit - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! he is so cute and I love the soft blues and greens on this card. did your LOTV stamps arrive yet?
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

SUPER duper - as discussed this weekend "guy" cards are always tougher to do but this ones just fabbylicious

Kathyk

Junie said...

WOW love that image Wynneth and the backing papers just go so well !! Love your whole layout as I always do ... always so unusual !! I truly hope you had the most amazing weekend with your friends !!!