Tuesday 10 August 2010

I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #27 - use acetate on your projects

This week's challenge on I ♥ Promarkers is to use acetate on your project and our prize this week is sponsored by Digital Delights.

For my project I selected the adorable 'Penny & Bear' digi image from Digital Delights and decided to make a Christmas Card.  This year is running away so fast and it will be Christmas before we know it, so I thought I'd better start getting a few christmas cards made !! 

I used a circle of acetate edged with a border to create a 'spotlight' effect on the image, colouring only the part of the image which shows through the acetate 'window'.  The acetate and border were cut using a set of plain circle nestabilities dies. The image was coloured with Promarkers and I added Stardust Stickles around the edge of the frame and the sentiment layer.  The tartan paper has been in my stash forever and the green striped paper was from the 10p bargain box at my local Art Shop.  The lovely green glittery organza ribbon I bought from Just Tracy's Crafts while I was there for the demo last saturday - at just 20p per metre I think it was quite a bargain.  I decided to use a simple layout so that the spotlighted area is emphasised more.

I do hope you'll enter the challenge this week, myself and the other members of the DT love to visit your blogs to check out your work and leave comments - this is just one of the fun duties of being on a DT!

That's all from me today, until next time - Happy Crafting!
hugs
wynneth
x

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Loving your tartan and the ribbon and the spotlig . . . . well you get the picture that I love it!!

Kathyk

Annie said...

fabulous card Wynneth and even better in real life!
It's Aidan's birthday today and he's coming around to open pressies, so I'm busy tidying up, mind you I'll have to do it all again when they leave!
hugs, annie x

Junie said...

TARTAN wooo hoooo !!!! LOL oh Wynneth you have did it again ... your ideas are just amazing !! I love this card it is a very cute image indeed and I love that you have only coloured part of it !! WOW girl !!!