Monday 23 August 2010

Vibrant Princess of Callas


Tuesday are Queen Kat blog hop days each week and I spotlight my projects on the Whimsical Ink Sorority blog as part of the Hop.  If you'd like to do the Hop yourself, just start here and follow the links.

We have this fabulous picture to inspire us this week, I do so love turquoise and olive/lime green together, it is one of my favourite colour combinations.  I decided to use these two colours for my project and I love the fluted/scalloped edging to these beautiful ceramics and wanted to create a similar effect on my card. 

In order to do this, I used a set of scalloped circle and one of plain circle nestabilities dies to cut out a number of different sized circles. I layered the image on to a larger scalloped circle cut from the green card used for the background.  I coloured the lovely Princess of Callas image from the August WIS kit with Copics and Promarkers and added touches of Spica Glitter Pen and Glossy Accents.

The 'Thank You' sentiment is also from the WIS Kit and I added three small turquoise half pearls to the bottom of the sentiment layer. I have a big bag of these clear half beads in my stash and they are perfect for adding to projects to create a bubble effect with these gorgeous mermaid images.

That's all from me for today, so til I see you next time - Happy Crafting!

hugs
wynneth
x

4 comments:

Lia said...

hi wynneth,
how wonderful I love this princess and the colors are brilliant. Great coloring
hugs lia

Junie said...

I just ADORE those colours together Wynneth !!! Your card as ever my friend is STUNNING

Annie said...

Hi Wynneth! I love the fresh colours and the scallop circles on this card, and the cute mermaid with the water drops!
hugs, annie x

Susie Sugar said...

This is stunning it really jumps out at you
Hugs Susie xx