Friday 21 December 2012

A Stitch in Time.....

A stitch in time meant I managed to finish the table runner my pal asked me to make in time for her to use on the table for christmas day.  I was up against a tight deadline so decided to go with straight square patchwork pieced squares, 'stitched in the ditch' for the quilting element.  Here's a pic of it before I sent it off to my pal (she was delighted with it thankfully !).



I did promise/threaten to share pics of the table runner I made for my own christmas table once it was fully completed, so here it is

 
This close up shot shows the details of the 'Disappearing Nine Patch' design I used more clearly
 
 
and here's a shot of the backing/binding fabric
 
 
 

Thanks for dropping by to check today's projects, hope you enjoyed your visit. 

6 comments:

Annie said...

they are both fabulous Wynneth! your pretty backing would also look good on the top too!
hugs, annie x

Kathyk said...

Looks simply fabulous!

Kathyk

Debs M said...

wow looks great Wynneth x

Clare Lloyd said...

Beautiful wynneth!

Jayne Hayward said...

You are very talented and this is amazing. Love the traditional Xmas colours you have used.

Jayne xx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wynneth you are too clever! You are deffinitely getting a lot of use from your sewing machine. These table runners look fantastic, so fantastic in fact that I now want to make one too. Now there's a project for the new year!
Katie x