Saturday 22 December 2012

Quilting for Christmas

Hurrah !  I did manage to fully finish my Christmas Quilt in time after all.  I'm so pleased to have it all completed before the Big Day, wasn't sure I'd make it with all the other things I needed to get done.


I used a jelly roll by Moda to create the quilt top, this design is called 'Joy' and includes lovely bright and vibrant festive design fabrics.  I then backed it with cuddly red fleece rather than the more traditional fabric backing.  Lovely and snuggly to cuddle up with when the weather outside is as horrid as it is at the moment !  Thanks Dad for being my handy quilt hanger for this pic xx


Here's a couple of close up shots of the quilting, I used a fancy zig-zag stitch to 'stitch in the ditch' using red thread as a contrast against the fabric colours.




Hope you've enjoyed your visit today, thanks for dropping by to check out today's project.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Hi Wynneth,

Well done it looks great

Jay

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous.
luv
debby

Kathyk said...

Well done to Sir Andy "Quilt Hanger"!! Love the quilt Wynneth - really festive

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Debs M said...

LOVE this!! great modelling Andy x

lbwright22-loopylou said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I want one/ want to make one! I LOVE this! Wish I had the time to get into sewing as the quilts you have made and are making are SOOOOOOOO amazing.
Hope you aren't making Andy work for his lodgings over Christmas ;-)
Happy Christmas to you and your family x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

I am in absolute awe of this quilt Wynneth it really is beautiful. I love the fleece backing and the the contrasting stitch thread -all brill. Very impressed with your choice of quilting stitch too, it looks amazing. I wouldn't be able to pack it away after Christmas though! "...well I wish it could be Christmas everyday..."
Have a fantastic Christmas with your family and lovely Dad. All the best for 2013, hope it's just as crafty.
Katie xx

Lilian said...

Great quilt. Loving the colours.
Bet that will keep you warm.
Happy CHRISTMAS to you and yours
hugs
lilian