Sunday 30 December 2012

True Blue Mood

How's your sunday going ?  I don't know about you but this weekend feels really strange to me, don't think my head or my body knows exactly what day of the week it is to be honest!  There's beef roasting in the oven, so I guess it must be sunday and just one more sleep and one more day until 2012 will be over and we'll be welcoming in a whole new year.

Whilst doing a little blog browsing this afternoon I came across a new challenge, thanks to my pal Linda - it's called 'SU-Only Challenges' and, as the name suggests, entries must contain only Stampin' Up! products.   Challenge #61 has the theme 'True Blue' and as I had some pretty SU! patterned papers of the right colour in my stash and a new set of Floral Frames Framelits dies that I haven't used yet, I thought I'd have a go this week.  Here's my card


Using a piece of the pretty double sided paper (sorry I don't know which set it's from, maybe someone could let me know?) I cut out a layer using the largest die in the set, then a layer with the next size down die cut from Midnight Muse cardstock.  The smallest layer was created using a stamp from the 'Mixed Bunch' set and cut out using the Blossom Punch.  The sentiment is from the 'Apothecary Art' stamp set and the tiny flowers in the corners from the 'Flight of the Butterfly' set - all using Baja Breeze ink.  I layered the sentiment over a scrap of the same patterned paper, but this time showing the design on the other side. 

Just a simple design on a 5 x 5 square card, and this will go into my stock of birthday cards ready to send out in the coming year.

I am building up my stock of SU! products, but there are so many more lovely things on my wishlist I guess I'll be collecting more during 2013 then ! 

Thanks for dropping by to check out today's project. 

5 comments:

Kathyk said...

Positively delicious card Wynneth and the beef doesn't sound bad either! Gammon for us here at the purple palace!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you, your family and your followers

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and I think this will be a fantastic challenge for both of us to use our SU products.

There will certainly be more temptation in 2013 - especially when the new Spring mini catalogue comes out!

Great minds think alike as far as background blog borders go!!!

Catch up soon I hope.

Lauren Hatwell said...

That's so pretty Wynneth. Good luck with the challenge :oD

Mary Brown said...

Wonderful layering of all your blues and all your petal shapes! DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!

Jen Timko said...

What pretty layering you have created here! Lovely! So glad you found us and joined in at SUO Challenges!