Monday 3 December 2012

Green and Red - How Festive !

Happy Monday and welcome to a new week.  This year I vowed to get myself organised much earlier in the year for Christmas, planned on making at least one card a week throughout the year.  I started off quite well, but then went for months without making a single one !  I have been doing some batch making and thought I had almost enough cards finished, however when I sat down to write my cards in preparation to send them out, I discovered I needed quite a few more. 

This week's colour theme on the Simply Less is More challenge is Red and Green - perfect for some seasonal cards.  So I've created an entry for this week and added another card to my stock ready to send out.


I've had some Washi Tape in my stash for a while but haven't really played with it very much so far, so thought I'd dig it out and use it.  I stuck the Washi on to a piece of white cardstock then cut out the tree shape using a set of Marianne's Craftables dies.  I added the Washi tree over a couple more layers in red and green using larger dies in the set.  A sparkly gem on the top of the tree, a sentiment from a set by Marianne's stamped in Pear Pizzaz SU! ink and my Red and Green LIM card was finished.

I made a couple of cards in this design before selecting the one to enter for the challenge, here's a pic of both of them together.


Right, I'm off to continue more card writing, hope you have a great day, thanks for dropping by to check today's project.

9 comments:

Kathyk said...

Two very cool cards - great use of washi tape too

Good luck with that card writing!

Happy Monday

Kathyk

Annie said...

they both look fab Wynneth, and what a great use for the Washi tape!
hugs, annie x

Jayne Hayward said...

Oh wow these are fantastic - I'm getting to so like the clean and simple look.

Jayne xx

Deb said...

what a fabulous design, they are both stunning!
Debxx

Unknown said...

Great use of your washi tape and a really sweet cards. How did the table top sale go?

Debs M said...

looks great Wynneth, I recently got some washi tape but not done much with it yet x

Chrissie said...

Both of these looks superb Wynneth!
Brilliant way to use Washi tape.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

just love how you use the washi wynneth

Thanks for joining us this week

Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Linda said...

Fab cards Wynneth. love how you've used the washi tape. xx