Tuesday 11 December 2012

Red and Blue for the Festive Season


Brrrrr... it's a bit 'parky' down here in my corner of Cornwall today, hope you're not too cold where you are.  Wrap up warm if you have to go out into the chill - luckily I'm able to stay in the warm at home today - not so luckily I'm tackling my mountain of ironing!  Still, once it's all done I think I'll have earned some crafting time, don't you ?

Well, I asked yesterday if you were sick of seeing Christmas cards and the comments I received said to 'keep 'em coming', soooo ...... here's another one for you.

 
 
Once again I've used the sweet winter season stamp from my Stampin'Up! hostess gift from last month with the pretty Baja Breeze ink.  I also used Baja Breeze cardstock to cut the holly spray and the scalloped base behind the stamped image.  I used circle nesties in plain and scallop to cut layers from BB and Real Red and also for the image.  Then used a Marianne's Designs die and matching sentiment for the shaped layer at the top and a Cheery Lynn holly die.  The bp is from the pack of papers I got in Hobbycraft recently and I've added some Stardust Stickles on the stamped image for a bit of sparkle which of course, as usual, isn't showing up in the pic.  I love the blue and red colour combo, a bit different for a christmas design. 
 
I made this card to give to a crafting pal and I think she liked it !
 

I'll have more creations to share with you next time, thanks for visiting today.

3 comments:

Kathyk said...

Memo to self - buy more stickles!!!

Fabby card - those colours really work well together matey

Pretty parky here - just been walkabout and hand delivered neighbourhood cards, my hands and nose got VERY cold!

Kathyk

Jay said...

So that's why I had to open the card before I left yesterday.

Thank you Wynneth. A very pretty card and just right for me. J.

Annie said...

I am lovin' the mix of red and blue for this season's festive creations, and that stamp is just gorgeous!
hugs, annie x