Monday 3 December 2012

ATCAS Baubles


The codeword for challenge #2 on the Addicted to CAS blog is 'Bauble'.  For my entry this week I decided to use my set of Stampin'Up! Sizzix Holiday Ornaments Framelits which I bought last month.  Rather than use the dies with the matching stamps I thought I'd use them to cut bauble shapes from some lovely SU! christmas papers.


After cutting the bauble shapes from patterned paper, I used the just the top of the dies with gold mirror card to create a cap for each of them.  By using the same dies the cap fits exactly on the top of each bauble. 

On a 5 x 5 base card I doodled some curly 'strings' with a red Spica Glitter Pen before attaching the bauble shapes in position so they look as though they are hanging from the top of the card.  Finally I added touches of Stardust Stickles to give the baubles some christmas sparkle.  The sentiment is from a set of stamps by Marianne's, stamped using SU! Cherry Cobbler ink.

Yet another christmas card finished, I think I may almost have enough made now.  I'm busy getting them all written and ready to post in the next couple of days.  I have a few birthday cards to make for family and friends with birthdays in December and early January, so it will be a nice change to create something other than christmas cards this week

Thanks for taking the time to check out my project today.

12 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Wynneth. Love the papers you've used for your ornaments ... and the stickles add some nice bling! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Kylie said...

Great idea to use the dies on DP. They look fantastic!! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Kathyk said...

Great effect from a simple technique Wynneth - you must s urely be caught up with your Christmas card deficit after the last few days.

Hope you and Mr T are feeling better today too

Happy Tuesday

Kathyk

Unknown said...

Fantastic use of both the dies and those lovely papers which you bravely used x A really beautiful Christmas card.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful bauble card.
luv
Debby

Lauren Hatwell said...

prettyyyyyyyy! Lx

Anonymous said...

Hi Wynneth. Gorgeous card. Love the baubles you have created. Thank you so much for playing along with the ATCAS challenge again this week.
Regards Florence x

Debs M said...

looks great Wynneth x

Anonymous said...

Hi Scrooge! LOL! Great post. Really enjoyed reading it. Jenny, fabulous card. Love everything about it. I'm with you on the die front. I always feel I have to get my monies worth out of them! Thank you so much for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Regards Florence x

Annie said...

great detail on these gorgeous baubles Wynneth!
hugs, annie x

Cazro said...

Beautiful baubles card, the kind I would like to receive. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS hoping to see you again. Caz DT.

Christine said...

The papers you chose are perfect for this christmas card. Great Baubles! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS!
Christine