Sunday 16 December 2012

Inchies, Rinchies, Twinchies and Moos.... oh and ATCs !

I'm not normally a fan of small/tiny projects, my style is much more to work bigger and bolder, but I do like to challenge and stretch myself by working outside my comfort zone occasionally.  Over on the 'Craft Mad and Loving It' group on Craftbubble, there's a monthly swap for ATCs or smaller, so I thought I'd sign up to the December swap which has the theme of  'Christmas'.

Now I do feel that an ATC is small and to go down to Inchies, Richies or Moos scares me somewhat !  I do like trying new things though, so decided to jump in and have a go at making some Moos.  I cut out my Moo bases and promptly went into a panic, all inspiration went out the window.  So I put them to one side and decided to go with ATC size instead for my swapsies.  Now I know this is a bit 'Cowardly Lion' but I just couldn't get inspired by the size of the Moos.


I have a little collection of Washi Tape in my stash, but have to confess that I haven't really used it much so far, so decided I would use some Washi on my ATCs.  I first covered two ATC size pieces of cardstock, one with greens and the other in reds.  I then used a Marianne's Craftable tree die to cut a shape out of the centre of the one covered in green Washi.  I attached this over the top of the piece covered in red Washi, using the negative die cut shape to reveal the layer underneath (leaving the tree shaped diecuts to use on some christmas cards).  Finally I added a star at the top of each tree shaped aperture, cut from silver mirri board using a star shaped Marianne's button die.

After finishing my ATCs for the swap, I looked again at the Moo blanks and thought I'd just have a go at doing something with them.  I decided to use some turquoise Dylusions to spray a random design on the base layers, just for fun, then I added a piece of the 'Let it Snow' Washi Tape along one edge and dribbled some gold paint on the ink spattered area.  I stamped the cute tall snowman from Sparkle'n'Sprinkle on to white card, coloured the image with Copics then cut it out.  A little Stickles 'snow' and Voila - a set of  Christmas themed Moos completed.  Not sure I'll rush to make more Moo's but these were quite fun to do.


I sent both the ATCs and Moos to Debs, who is kindly hosting the swap this month, and I hope the other members of the group like them.   By now everyone should have received their set of swaps from everyone else, so I think it's safe to share mine on here.  We all decided to keep them secret and not display them anywhere until each of us receives our full set of swapsies. 

 
When I received my swapsies from everyone else, I wanted to keep them all together so decided to put them on a page in my homemade smash book.  This one is my 'Arty Crafty Me' book and I'm putting lots of my creations and those of others in there.  I think the page of December swaps looks pretty good, what do you think ?
 
 
Thanks for popping by today.


5 comments:

lbwright22-loopylou said...

wow! I LOVE your ATCs and Moos. Glad you took the plunge with the moos and went back to them- certainly the results are stunning.
Love the journal page- a fab keepsake. Thanks for sharing and taking part in the swap x

Kathyk said...

Fab ATC's and Moo's and a great idea to make a page of all your swaps matey

Happy Sunday

Kathyk

Debs M said...

they look great displayed like that, thanks for taking part! x

Unknown said...

Great swaps and well done on getting the Moo's done even though they were out of your comfort zone. Richies?

Annie said...

I do like yours Wynneth, fab use of the washi tape and sounds great fun with the sprays and paint too!
hugs, annie x