Monday 31 December 2012

From Cardmaking to Art Journalling

Firstly I'd like to wish all my Readers and Followers a very Happy New Year's Eve - however you are spending the day and evening, I hope you have a wonderful time and that the new year brings health and happiness to you and your loved ones.

So, for my last blog post of 2012 I'm sharing a little project I've undertaken as part of the 'From Cardmaking to Art Journalling' on-line course that a crafting pal Clare has produced.  It's free and available here if you'd like to have a go yourself.

I decided to make a loose-leaf journal with the pages we will create during the course, rather than using an existing journal.  The journalling I've done thus far has all been in existing books, so I thought I would take a different approach for this course.

Here's my Lesson One first page,


The 'theme' for the first lesson was to think about the coming year, what we wish for or dream of and what we want to achieve.  I have so many projects in my head using fabrics and quilting that I'm pretty sure there will be a fair bit of sewing going on during 2013 !  Hence the inclusion of some sewing related images in my design.

Materials I used to create my journal page are:

* Winter Limited Edition Promarkers
* Distress Inks in Black Soot; Frayed Burlap; Pumice Stone and Old Paper (applied using an   
   Inkyliscious brush and a Splodge Mat)
* Stamps by Dylusions; Hampton Arts; Reflections and a set of magazine freebies
* Goosebumpz Spray

After the design was completed, I flicked some water over the page to remove inks in spots and splodges randomly.  Finally I sprayed Goosebumpz over the whole page to set the inks, as DI's are not waterproof even when dry. 


The Goosbumpz isn't showing up on the main pic so here's a couple of close up shots which show it a little more clearly.  It gives the page a lovely soft sheen and texture. 


Thanks for checking out my last project of 2012, see you all next year !

6 comments:

Kathyk said...

I have to say that goosebumpz was an inspired idea and give a nice sheen to the project too. GLORIOUS muted colours which will (no doubt) inspire me to get my winter PM's out and give them a go!

Happy New Year to you, your family and your followers - see you next year matey!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

A very nice beginning to 2013 Wynneth. Happy New Year to you and the family too :oD

Lx

Unknown said...

This is going to be a great project - look forward to seeing it develop IRL.

Happy New Year to you and your family. x

Clare Lloyd said...

fantastic page. happy new year to you and yours. x

catherine said...

I think you did a fantastic job with yours Wynneth. Love the stamps and colour scheme. Wishing you all the best for the new year
x catherine

Unknown said...

Such a fantastic start to the Art Journalling - I have followed your link and watched the video, become a follower of the blog and no doubt will add this to my never ending list of things I want to do.

Have a wonderful New Years Eve and I hope 2013 is a fabulous one for you. x