Friday 29 January 2010

A bit of a giggle!

I'm sharing a really fun project with you today!  The Creative Stitches and Hobbycraft Show is happening at the Exeter Westpoint Arena this weekend.  I am off there today with a couple of my crafting buddies for a fun day out.  Even more excitingly, I am meeting up with on-line crafting pals who don't live close enough to me for us to have regular get togethers.

To ensure that we will recognise each other in the busy crafting crush that is always at the show, we decided to make badges to wear so that we will be able to spot each other more easily. 

To create my badge I used my Wizard Kaleidescope Pendant Shapabilities die set, cutting the base layer and the layer under the letter from glossy pink card.  As my name is quite long, I decided to only put my initial on the front.  I found the round silver and white inverted scallop layers in my box of bits and added these to the front.  I cut a second base layer in white card then inserted a length of pink ribbon between the two base layers before sticking them together, creating a hanging loop.  I took a white finish chipboard letter W from my stash and coloured it with pink Spica glitter pen.  I then glued this to the front of the badge, covered it with Glossy Accents and dusted Glamour Dust while the GA was still wet.

I think that my pals may well recognise me when I am wearing this!!  Although I don't have a long shopping list, I will no doubt stagger home with a few bags of goodies that have taken my eye at the show!  I hope today's project has brought a smile to your lips!

UPDATE:

Quick update for you, as you can see the badges worked!!  All the 'Bubblers' at the show  found each other and we got this chance for a photoshoot!  A great time was had by all and far too much money was spent - a really successful day then!!!
hugs
wynneth
x

8 comments:

Junie said...

STUNNING BADGE Wynneth !!!! I hope you and your crafting buddies have the most AMAZING TIME together and just basically have a very FUN time !!! Take care and enjoy !!! Tell Lili of the Valley I will see them in Glasgow LOL in March for the first time EVER

Lauren Hatwell said...

You won't be going as The Silver Streak then Wynneth.... Love your badge. They're sure to recognise your crafty brilliance, if nothing else. Have a fabulous day. I'm deeply jealous... Lauren x

Debs M said...

Fab badge, not jealous at all......much x

dragon said...

Have a wonderful day Wynneth..
I love your ID card..Lol..

Lynn xx

Kathyk said...

Thank heavens you were wearing the badge young Wynneth else I might NEVER have recognised you!!!! Lovely day and thank you so much for bringing stamped images AND the card, you are so very kind.
Kathyk (fellow badge wearer!)

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Great badge! Hope you had a really good day. Louise x (do you have a photo of you and Kathyk wearing your badges?)

Kathyk said...

There's certainly one on the craftbubble web site . . . . Wynneth, are you going to post one here too?
Kathyk

Annie said...

it was a fab day out Wynneth and I loved your badge.
hugs, annie x